Does LYS....

Jimmie Lu

have a web site? We are traveling this summer and I really want to check out one of these stores. And if we just "accidentally" drive by one my hubby will stop for me to see. So I want to "accidentally" plan to find one

shhhhh dont tell:yarn

What a great vacation! Visiting funky little yarn shops... :c9

I live in So Cal and we're planning a trip up the coast to San Fran during July - through Santa Barbara, Monterey, etc... I'll have to do a search of ALL yarn shops up the coast and make sure we 'accidentally' end up right in front of them!

Thanks for the hot tip:devil

That's too funny :) You can find out online where yarn stores are in each of the areas you are traveling through. I've done that before and when we stopped for lunch I made sure we were near a store so I could check it out.

Here is a Knitting/Crochet Shops National Map site. You can click on each state to see shops within that state. You can then click on each shop to find out where they are located and any other information that has been submitted. It's a terrific resource!!

I plan on using it to locate some LYSs around the Charlotte/Matthews area of North Carolina. We are heading to the beach (Emerald Isle, NC) in June, and we'll be spending 2 nights in Matthews with dh's aunt on our way (to see his deceased mom's sisters and brothers and dh's cousins, etc). We'll be there for the day on a Saturday, and I plan on visiting at least ONE LYS there. :)

On Sunday, we'll head on in to Emerald Isle. As far as I can tell, there aren't any yarn stores nearby, although there is a new beading store in Emerald Isle. I'll definitely have to check that out while I'm there!

Here is a Knitting/Crochet Shops National Map site. You can click on each state to see shops within that state. You can then click on each shop to find out where they are located and any other information that has been submitted. It's a terrific resource!!

:drool:drool:drool

I mean....uh....thanks for the link...

Someone should start a chain of yarn stores called LYS, that's a great idea! :lol

Archived