Foster Care Charity Items!

Hello! Right now I'm working on foster care charity items! :manyheart As a former Foster Mom, I look forward to blessing the children and also being a positive role model for the foster families, birth families, and workers! I know the children LOVE the handmade items given to them, and right now I'm working on eight newborn baby sets (starting on item for the youngest on up)! Each set contains a top/vest, diaper cover, afghan, pair of booties, hat, and washcloth! I may add a bib to each set too!

Do any of you make items for foster children?!

Hugs and prayers,

~Suzanne~

Thanks so much for what you do!!

Technically speaking, yes...I do make items for foster children as well.....however mine are family members ;). We have two long-term permanent foster children blessing our home...and too many to count that are members of my hubby's families.

So, thank you for all that you do, from one foster mom to another!!! :clap

I am sure the children appreciate all your efforts and the love that is stitched into each item!!:manyheart

I don't, but having grown up as a foster sister (we had three foster girls growing up), I would love to. Who did you get in contact with to donate your things to?

I haven't made anything recently but my aunt (she passed away last year from cancer) was a foster mom for 40+ years and I used to make things for her children. She had a long-term child that she had since he was 6 days old. I praise you for what you are doing. Foster children all all ages and have no choice of being taken from their parents so any comfort item is great.:c9

This is NEAT to find others interested in and helping out the foster children too! The items we are making (I'm one of the leaders of a local group called Metro Detroit Crafters) are for the Macomb County Foster Care Agency. It's located in Mt. Clemens, Michigan. You can contact your local county to find out where their offices are and ask for the person in charge of accepting donations. The person I got in contact with was one of our former foster children's workers. She was QUITE pleased to hear that we want to bless the kiddos, saying that they would be putting our items into care bags that each of the children receive upon their arrival! Even though I'm not fostering anymore, it feels GOOD to help out in this way! :bheart

Hugs and prayers,

~Suzanne~

Suzanne, are you making little blankies for these foster children? Maybe I can help you out when I am finished with my current commitments....I just can't seem to say no, when asked to help those in need. I guess I'm nothin' but a great big softee! Maybe we can discuss it at the next Ann Arbor meeting.

Daisy,

Yes, we are collecting afghans (booties, hats, etc. too!) of all sizes for the foster children! I won't be at the next Ann Arbor meeting because I am going to school on Tuesday and Thursday nights this semester! But Anna is in our MDC group and can get them from you if you'd like to donate! Or I can send you my snail mail addy, whichever you prefer! THANKS! :hug

So glad to see you're encouraging others to give to foster kids. My husband and I are both social workers, and we also know personally how much the kids appreciate it. I actually started a group called Project Rest Assured. We are making comfortghans for the kids in the foster care system here in Cleveland, OH. Many of them are kids my husband works with everyday. I posted about the group in the Comfortghan section, and several people here have been generous to send squares and/or join our online group. As always, it's great to give locally, but if anyone wants to join us, they can check out the group. We're taking 6" and 12" squares. I'll give anyone all the details if they are interested. Good luck in your area of the country. Again, so glad to see that people are reaching out to these kids.

Amy

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of an organization in the Flordia area for foster children? I'm all about making blankets for kids who need something. Or how you send them in? (I've never done a make-it and mail-it thing before) Thanks!

Archived