A shawl for mom

wildthing1058

Very pretty, I just love the color. Is that solomon's knot stich? I just made a similar shawl for my MIL for mothers day. Now that I know how to do the stich, I just love how quickly it works up and how light it is. Perfect for the warmer months.

Very pretty, I just love the color. Is that solomon's knot stich? I just made a similar shawl for my MIL for mothers day. Now that I know how to do the stich, I just love how quickly it works up and how light it is. Perfect for the warmer months.

It is done in the double lovers knot stitch thats the name it gave might be the same as the solomon I had just learned the stitch for the shawl and now I am in love with it:hook

• 1 month later...

Deborah, I'm thinking of making my mother a Solomon's knot shawl, but I don't like the fringe on the Hook Me Up version or the long chains on the Everyday shawl version (both accessible through CPC for the interested). What edge did you use on yours? It seems to match the airiness of the knot so well but gives it a foundation without pulling it down. Thanks, Patty

Archived