HomeSpun Afghan CAL......Intersted

Ga_Rebel

I'm the one who just finished a Homespun Afghan. Your choice of Antique Red is going to be absolutely wonderful! Great choice! One of these days, I'll remember to check online for colors before buying, since nobody carries all the colors locally.

I will join!I need to make an aphgan for a June Wedding.After trying some granny squares with Homespun yarn,I wasn't happy with how they look.This aphgan looks fast and cosy so here I go to join you!What colors are you using? Leslie

Hey there I just checked back with this topic. If there are still people wanting to try this with then I am game. I started one day last week but kinda got frustrated. But I plan to start it again this week. If you look on the above link I'll be using Antique Red.

• 7 months later...

Hi, this is an old archived subject, but I was browsing around and found it. I checked the pattern and was just curious, did anyone else wonder why it was done in sc instead of maybe dbl cr? It seems it would take as long to sc it as it would to knit an afghan! How many did this and how long did it take? Would anything be changed by doing dbl instead of the sc, like maybe it would ruin some color developement?

Cozyhomelife since it is done with 2 strands of thick yarn and a big hook it shouldn't take long at all. I have this pattern at home, and I've been thinking about starting it.

Yup, count me in... I have a bunch of Homespun that keeps crawling out from under the bed on Hubby's side:lol (stuff's hard to control) so I think my only choice is to crochet it into an afghan!

I'll start as soon as I finish my DD's afghan which is moving along very quickly with Chenille Thick & Quick... it's 48 motifs, join as you go, and I finished five yesterday... so I should be starting this one some time next week!!!:cheer

Oh my! It's 2 strands together! I missed seeing that! That's a little scary, as I've had a bad past with Homespun in knitting. I recently used a little to make what turned out to be a headband and had good luck with it. Actually, it was meant to be a cuff for a crocheted long stocking hat that I got from http://www.freepatterns.com (Seaspray something or nother) but when I tried on the cuff to make sure it fit my big head, I got the bright idea that I liked it for a winter headband that covers my ears perfectlly, so anyways, I digress... so I was getting brave thinking of how easy it crocheted up, I will have to try 2 strands together and see if I still feel brave. I can't believe one can make an afghan with only 6 skeins if it is being used 2 strands at a time! ReallY?!?!? It's still on sale at JoAnns so I could haul it over there and pick up some more. What colors are y'all thinking of?

I was gifted 6 skeins of homespun for xmas and since I'm sick in bed with something nasty (*I hope it's not the flu*), I decided to start on a throw - I don't think 6 is enough for a decent sized afghan. I was going to do the waterfall afghan in Tudor with my 6 skeins but as I'm sick and the largest hook I have is a N hook, I couldn't get the Q hook most people recommend for 2 strands together, I'm just doing a sc ripple pattern. Even with just one strand, it goes really quickly - I crocheted for 2 hours yesterday and have already used up 2 skeins.

I'm in... It is just too funny that I just printed out the following homespun afghan pattern

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-supe.htm

I would like to join for some motivation but would it be alright if I did this pattern? Or would that not make sense for a CAL:think

ok, I really stink at Homespun, it's hard for me to see what I'm doing with it, so I'm using this as a jump off to go ahead and make a Homespun afghan, but one that will be much easier that I can do without having a breakdown. I've bought my colors and have a plan, you can see it all in detail (a lot of me blabbing on endlessly) on my blog under today's date, Jan 9, 2007

• 2 months later...

Archived