Black and White Homespun Stole

KnicKnac

Hello!

I had a UFO since last year that I never got back to because quite frankly I HATED working with Homespun. At the time I had just finished making a blanket with the same yarn and had some leftover and looked for a pattern that I could make a stole out of the remainder. Well I got almost 75% done and ran out of yarn. That was just enough for me to be TORQUED so I put it away saying SOMEDAY I will finish it, when I feel like it.

I finally bought more yarn, got involved with the thread here Crocheter's Against UFOs, started working on it last night and finished it this morning.

Here is a word to the wise. If you decide to leave something alone for a long time, make sure you have enough yarn with the SAME dye lot to finish it - when I went to get the yarn to finish this of course there wasn't any of the original dye lot, so there is a varigation to the color of the remainding portion of the stole. I don't care, it's finished. And realistically, Homespun changes consistancy within the SAME skien!!!

I used this pattern - Pretty in Pink Stole - it's a PDF - but I didn't do the fringed and instead I just bordered it with two rows of SC.

Anyway, after all that "jibber/jabber" (shout out to any Boston Legal fans here) here is a picture of the stole. It's hard to get a good one based on the colors.

b-w-stole.jpg

Barb, isn't it a great pattern? If you use the right yarn it turns out just precious! Thanks for looking in!

Thanks Tampa Doll - my UFO pile is getting smaller!!!

Deborah - Stunning??? Gosh I really hope my sister thinks so! She is the one I made the blanket for and now she has a stole to match!

Nikki - I am glad you can't see the color difference, it screams at me, but that's because I know it's there. Maybe my sister wont notice? Hopefully!

Thank you all for looking! I really appreciate it and it's such a wonderful thing that there is a place to show off your work to people who genuinely know what you went thru to get a finished product!

Cindy - yeah, my list keeps growing and growing also! Thanks!

Carol - I do have to say that Homespun is a very comfortable yarn, it is so very soft!

Eyenowhour - I am glad people are not seeing the color variation. That makes me feel much better.

Virtuous Stitches - It really was a simple pattern. If you ever do the pattern, let us know!

I know what you mean about Homespun. I hate it! Your stole turned out wonderful though and thanks for the jibber-jabber (ain't Boston Legal great?).

Christina - thanks! I hope my sister loves it too!

Roli - Ah, another Boston Legal nut! I absolutely adore BL - and this is only my first season. I am so happy at the beginning of the season that I discovered it. I am a HUGE Candice Bergen fan, and when I discovered thru a commercial that she AND William Shatner were in a series together, I almost had a heart attact - I loved the chemistry between them in Miss Congeniality. And I am officially a James Spader fan now. What charisma. Thanks for taking a look!

Archived