My thread is finally here!!!

kathome

OK ladies and gents - my thread is finally here to begin :eek the tablecloth for my future daugher-in-law. I had a bad experience with Herrschner's which is still unresolved. (sent me the wrong thread twice and now don't want to give me full credit which has wasted 6 weeks):bang

It will be tough to get this done by February because I work two jobs :tired and with the DH and the house it's not easy to get more than 30 minutes to myself to crochet!

Here's the pattern from crochet pattern central.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/QueenAnne.html

Wish me luck in getting it done on time!!!

Ooohh! I love that tablecloth. I can't wait to see yours! I could never have anything that dainty in my house, :( with two cats who think tables are for lounging on. And as one of those cats is 16 years old, it's a little late to get him to stop jumping up there. :P Patty

Here's the pattern from crochet pattern central.

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/QueenAnne.html

Wish me luck in getting it done on time!!!

Don't go worrying.. Just do a few of them per day. Then later at night do a few more and before you know it you will have all the motifs done. I am guessing you do motifs first then joined them or it can be done join as you go.

Thanks for all your encouragement.

Kathy, I'm using Opera 10 cream color and an 8 hook. Although it probably would have been prettier in a 20 or 30, since I will make the cloth large enough to fit my DIL's diningroom table and it needs some substance I decided on the 10.:hook

I purchased through the Yarn Warehouse. Paid 3.49/ball. Quick delivery too. I see no need to use Herrschner's anymore and go through the agravation. :bang

I only had the chance to make three motifs over the weekend and they have turned out lovely. After all of the large motifs are completed, then small fill in motifs are added.

Thanks again for the encouragement!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

When I work on a large project, I take it everywhere with me. Went to t aparty once and one of the ladies was just learning to crochet. She was telling the other ladies about her new hobby. One of the other ladies said that I crochet and was I carrying anything. Pulled out my lovely thread angel and crocheted while we talked. If my husband and I were driving anywhere and he was the driver, I crocheted. Crocheted on an excursion train. Always crocheted on my break also got up early did my chores and freed up as much time as I could to crochet. Now I can crochet everyday. Once helped a young girl who was making a motif afghan for her mother, I did about ten of her motifs so she could have it done for Christmas.

So crochet whenever you can and if you can let someone help you.

Archived