My sons kool aid yarn

JustRenee

he is gonna make i know a coke cozy but dont know what else,he wants to learn to felt so i suggested socks :)

A felted coke cozy would be awesome... probably have insulating properties as well. I wonder if you could actually put it onto an empty coke can so it would shrink to just the right size??? Maybe shrink it a little first, then put the coke can in and tie it on somehow? He did an awesome dyeing job.... do you rent him out ?:lol

Joan

WONDERFUL IDEAS!!!! Isn' it wonderful when our kids get involved, especially with something we love so much! My 12 year old is getting into it, but my 11 year wants nothing to do with it. BUT she wants to "sew on canvas" She will not call it cross stitch, dont know why.lol I'm just glad I still have my cross stitch stash from years ago. Tell your son to keep up the GREAT work!AFTERTHOUGHT: Wouldn't it be great if we had a thread just for the kids!!! Ofcourse, crochet moms need to supervise (and or the crochet dads)....But, we definitely don't mind having an excuse to jump on and check out the 'ville!!!Have fun all!!!

that would be cool, a thread for kids :)

Im gonna have to get him to try felting the coke cozy :)

Im gonna take him tomorrow so he can get more yarn to dye :) he also tried the easter eggs dye ya know the little tablets but the colors was not as bold

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic! Your son is very creative! looks like you might have a little Crochet Dude in the making:yes I like the idea of a place for kids' crochet as well.....Not crochet for kids but crochet by kids!

Archived