My Latest Preemie Project

Daisy

This is a pic of my latest preemie project. Please click on the link to see the other things I made. I just had to share my pictures though....since everyone gets excited about their finished work.....and these are a few of mine.

Daisy.

http://birdiebuddy.blogspot.com/

Preemie%20Items.jpgPink%20and%20Purple%20Gown.1.jpg

And you say that I can crochet.......... Crazy lady these things are so VERY beautiful. See I am on my FIRST baby sweater... HA! LOL! These are really gorgeous. Oh and by the way I need a new mom cause mine is in menopause and driving me crazy with all her b#@#@#! (even when I live ten hours away from her). Now, I can't have any more kids but mine are ratty ole boys that can tear the house up while we are gone wanna take me on? huh? huh? huh? Nikki

My oldest son was a preemie ( almost 25 years ago)...His birthday is June 15th and he has agreed to go with me to the NICU unit of the hospital he was at and I am going to donate lots of preemie hats and blankets I have made and he is going to introduce himself to preemie parents.... he stands 6ft 2 and is a senior at NCSU....we are so looking forward to that day..

Your things are beautiful... I have never tried a gown... is this your own pattern?

Hi Lea, thank you for the compliments. My goodness, from a preemie to 6ft. tall! You gotta be proud of that! He's come a long way. It is wonderful what he is going to do for other preemie parents. Giving them hope is just what they need! I have 3 grown children of my own....ages 21, 25, 27. I had two miscarriages, so I too, know how it feels to lose a baby. I guess that's why I am making these preemie outfits. A lot of them will be used for bereavement purposes, so I add a cutel little stuffed animal with the blanket and burial gowns to comfort the grieving parents and for them to have as a keepsake of their little angel. No the patterns are not my own. I picked some of them up at Bev's Country Cottage and on other preemie sites. The patterns are all so cute that it's hard to decide which ones to make first.

Daisy.

Nikki, you are way too funny :day:rofl . I had a good laugh when I read your post. Thank you for giving me confidence in my crochet projects....it's what I really needed. For some reason, I never feel my stuff is good enough....maybe I am too picky...ya think? Maybe it's because I've seen some pretty professional stuff and it puts mine to shame.....thus the downer on myself. You really have boosted my spirits and I am so greatful for that! You deserve a hug :hug Did you say your mom is going through the menses? :thair Yikes, I feel for her and for you! I've gone through it and it's a bear!!! Grrrrr! It was like....everybody...keep your distances from me or I'll spit fire at you! :goodorbad Those mood swings are horrific! Have a great day !! :D

Daisy.

Thank you Queen of Crochet! I have never shown pictures of my projects before and the responses that I am getting....makes it all worthwhile. Now I am going to have to make some new gowns to add.

Daisy.

Thank you Dot. I need to build self confidence, so I can tackle some new projects that are in my head and in all my googles of patterns.

Daisy.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember exactly where I got that pattern for the yellow dress :think But I think I got it from Bev's Country Cottage.....that's where I get a lot of my preemie patterns for charity. If I get a chance, I will look it up in my pile of preemie patterns.:eek and post it here. Best wishes,

Daisy.

Thank you Deborah and Soul2heart.....You made my day! :day:ty

They really are tiny....aren't they? Sometimes the pictures make the items look bigger than they really are.:eek Tiny...indeed! Best wishes,

Daisy.:flower

• 2 months later...
This is a pic of my latest preemie project. Please click on the link to see the other things I made. I just had to share my pictures though....since everyone gets excited about their finished work.....and these are a few of mine.

Daisy.

http://birdiebuddy.blogspot.com/

Preemie%20Items.jpgPink%20and%20Purple%20Gown.1.jpg

Good evening Daisy!

Your work is so beautiful. It shows that you really enjoy your projects and put love into them.

I'm learning to do preemie blankets and I adore the little aqua and pink blankets shown on your blog. Could you PM the pattern(s) to me or let me know where the patterns might be available?

Thanks so much for your help.

Daisy..........ur work is wonderful..........i've got to stay off this site or i'm never gonna get anything done........I love to look at everyone's work it inspires me to work on my own......does that sound stupid?....sorry if i'm rambling........1 week now without a real nite's sleep.....and 3 diff. meds later....i guess rambling is expected.....anyhow........i can't wait till i can make clothing so i can help out babies too.......those items on your blog are awesome......and dont forget to put the lavendar blankie in the mail to my address.........lol j/k .........keep up the good work hun :cheer

Thank you Lynn.....you made my day! :day:ty I know how hard it is to get off this thing to get the chores done.....but this is more fun! :yes

Thank you Debra! That round ripple does work up nice and quick, it's one of my favorite patterns to do.

Archived