Lionbrand Website

Empress Busy Bee

Apparently now you have to register to view the free patterns.

Free registration gives you unrestricted access to over 1,000 free patterns. Once you register, we won't ask you to log in or provide your registration information again. Rest assured that we will never share your information with anyone. Every month a randomly selected new registered user will receive a gift basket of yarn and other goodies.

Oh no....no no no no no no no no NO!!!! I think that means I can't link to them on CPC anymore, and that's terrible.

I need two somebodys to do me a testing favor if they don't mind.

Person #1: You need to be ALREADY signed up with Lionbrand. Could you please go to CPC's what's new page and click on Candy Apply Shrug. Do you sign in and does it take you right to the shrug? Or does it take you right to the shrug without having you sign in? Or does it not take you to the shrug? Thank you!

Person #2: Somebody who has NOT signed up for Lionbrand yet (if there is such a person!) Please go to CPC's what's new page, and click on the Candy Apply Shrug (or, anything from Lionbrand.) If you wouldn't mind filling in your info...and after you press the submit button, does it take you right to the shrug? Thanks. (I would do this myself, but I do not like getting mail from anybody unless I've specifically asked for it!

Decisions, decisions. I link to a ton of Lionbrand patterns on both CPC and KPC, and I'd hate to have to lose them.

That's crazy. Oh well, I guess they have done like Bernat has done...

Rachel, I am so sorry. This is horrible for CPC. I guess you'll be busy for the next few days, huh?

P.S. When clicking on that link without registering first it took me to the "registration" page instead of the pattern.

I don't think LB took any time to think about this new thing. I registered and opened up the page under a different browser and it asked me to register again. Nowhere does it take you to a login page so this is a little messed up IMO. So I have to register again to view the pages at work? Doesn't make much sense!

I clicked on it and the registration page came up, but it still let me click on the left colomn where it says Free Patterns and took me to that page. Then you scroll to what you want. I didn't re-register.

That's crazy. Oh well, I guess they have done like Bernat has done...

Rachel, I am so sorry. This is horrible for CPC. I guess you'll be busy for the next few days, huh?

It depends on how you look at it. My database is set up to where I can remove all Lionbrand links with one function--that would take me approximately fifteen seconds. :D

HOWEVER, I am trying to concoct a way to where I can put a little thingie (y'know, like the asterisk (*) for the PDF) beside a title when you have to sign up to view. That's possible just as long as the link still goes directly to the pattern once you sign up/login. According to aussiecrocheter, it does!

But please don't tell my sister as she would have some more coding to do and I'm not sure if she'd appreciate it. ;)Update: Just got done talking to her and she said not a problem. Yay!

So, for the moment, I may block the Lionbrand links from appearing into CPC until I decide what to do. I certainly don't want to totally get rid of them unless I have to.

Empress, thanks so much for letting us know! I think I would have found out tomorrow morning (link checks), but it is helpful to have an extra day to plan. :hug

Rachel that's how I found out. I was looking through CPC for patterns and clicked on a Lionbrand one and got the notice.

I clicked on it and the registration page came up, but it still let me click on the left colomn where it says Free Patterns and took me to that page. Then you scroll to what you want. I didn't re-register.

I'm not clear on if you're registered. I did do the click on left side and it does take you to the patterns list page. However when you click on a pattern it takes you back to the registration page.

Rachel that's how I found out. I was looking through CPC for patterns and clicked on a Lionbrand one and got the notice.

I'm not clear on if you're registered. I did do the click on left side and it does take you to the patterns list page. However when you click on a pattern it takes you back to the registration page.

Emperess, I was thinking the same thing and it will let you see a pic of the pattern but you have to click on the link to see the pattern and that's where it takes you to the reg page. I have tried several ways here at work and the only way it'll let me actually look at the pattern is to register again...

CPC now has a new feature...a (+) sign.

The asterisk, as you know, is for patterns in pdf format.

The plus sign is for patterns that require registration. Thanks to it, I can now add links from sugarncream and bernat.

Hopefully it isn't too confusing for all of you!

Can I please get a few of you to confirm the fact that, when you click on a Lionbrand pattern through Crochet Pattern Central or Knitting Pattern Central, it takes you right to the pattern you clicked on once you sign up or log in. I need to make doubly sure. Thanks!

Rachel,

I just registered at Lionbrand yesterday. I just tested your links and they take me directly to the pattern without having to log in. Thanks for all your hard work keeping your site the best on the web for crochet links!

Debi

When I clicked on the Candy Apple Shrug the first time, it went to the registration page. After I registered, it went directly to the patttern.

Hope that helps.

For the last 2 days I have not been able to get to LB patterns after logging in either from their site or CPC. I can get to the home page and get to a pattern by search, but thats it. Maybe it's my computer.

Archived