Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for your comments on my 9 patch. I am really enjoying it. I am sewing the squares as I go. I am doing it as big as the pattern says although if I had gone one more pattern over it would have fit my queen size bed. So as I finish a row across Im sewing it together. I dont like leaving that to the end and boy Julie you get a lot of ends to weave in on this. I have taken to leaving a longer end and using this to sew it together.

Tabby - Sorry to hear your not well. Hope you got some rest and your boys are being quiet for you.

I hope you are all having a great sunday afternoon. Its a beautiful day here not too hot. Its the last week of school then the kids are on holidays until 29th January. Well gotta go get ready for work.

Wow, Wendy

You guys get a really long Christmas break over there. Then do they have another one at Easter or not ? Around here, they usually get about 10 days off for Christmas and a week at Easter . Their long break is in the summer- June-July and August .

Good job on your 9 patch ! It sounds like you are hard at work on it . :clap

Thanks Julie & Wendy! I feel much better now. :manyheart

I have finished my diamonds for my PS & all I have left to do is the border. As soon as i'm done i'll post a pic. It won't be until tomorrow sometime because I have to get the little one to bed soon. Talk to ya all tomorrow. Nighty-night! :D

Hey guys...sorry to butt in here, but I couldn't help drooling over the proposed patterns in the very first post on this CAL. I'm too busy to join right now but I was wondering if someone could tell me which posts have pics of finished quilts? I'd read through them but 226 pages is too much for me. :)

I don't think that will happen because someone else would have to go through 226 pages to make it happen for you. They are all over the place in these pages.

Someone may decide to do this for you and if that should happen, my hat is off to a real helper - def qualify for the Mother Theresa award on that one.

Oh, I wouldn't want someone else to do that! I was just hoping that people who have posted pics might know which page or post number they're on, and could say so. Please anyone, don't go to any trouble. Congratulations to everyone on finished or partial lovely quilts! :)

Thanks Andrea.

Brenda - wow I cant believe you have nearly finished the around the world. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Tabby - Im glad your much better and you have nearly finished your ps. What are you going to do then.

Julie - howdy, the schools here have holidays from 15th dec -29th Jan. Then 2 weeks off at easter, then 2 weeks off in July, then 2 weeks off in October. They have 4 terms of school here. Thanks I am having fun with the 9 patch. Although I cant wait to see what you have planned for us all. You were going to give us hints.

Good Morning Everyone! Nighty-Night Wendy!

Kiirs~I was browsing through some posts & it looks like they were mostly prairie stars finished. There were a couple others. Most of the pics. are so old that it just shows a little red x. But I was able to find some for ya.

pg.62 post #619-Prairie star

pg.80 #797-Around the World

pg.108 #1080-nine patch

pg.112 #1109-crazy fan

pg.141 #1404-Prairie Star

pg.149 #1486-baby prairie star

pg.151 #1501-baby Prairie star

Here are a couple that were in progress but didn't have final pics. It still gives ya a good idea of what they look like.

pg.117 #1163 & 1168 click on the link

pg.126

pg.130 #1293

pg.139 #1390

I hope that helps some. :hook

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Only 8 Squares to go! I like laying it out and looking at it. It seems to motivate me to do more as it looks like it is so close to being done...and it is!:clap:cheer:yay Off I go to work on it some more.:hook

Another one bites the dust. Oh yeah! I finished my Prairie Star ghan. The lighting is horrible today, so dark & chilly here. I tried to use the light in my house but it didn't do it any justice. Here it is anyways & i'll try to get a better pic. tomorrow if there's any sunlight.

th_150754.jpg

Brenda - your around the world looks great. I love the colors. Your squares seem to be better than mine. I told you mine curl up but not just at the ends. i should show a pic of one. I actually have to have some books on top of the squares to straighten them out. I have also nearly finished my 7th color.

Tabby - Are you talking to yourself. Did you get the border finished. The PS didnt take you very long to do, did it.

Julie , Brandy, Andrea where are u.

Hi Wendy! Thank you! I was actually going to keep it because I had nothing else to do with it but then I thought of a person who would love it. My sons pre-school teacher always & Oooooo's & ahhhhh's over it so I am going to give it to her for Christmas. She says the colors match her livingroom so I think she'll love it. We really don't have anywhere to put another afghan but I will be looking for a display rack somewhere soon so I don't have to give them all away. I just didn't want to see it sit in the corner with no home so I thought it was best to place it up for adoption. :(:lol

I hope your day is going well. I'm off to cook dinner for the monsters. :devil

Wendy - hiya I'm still around just havnt crochet for a couple of weeks actually.

Tabby - I had a hard time seeing the pick it showed up really dark on mine but I am sure that is beautiful.

Brenda- way to go your ghan looks beautiful.

Brenda....beautiful! Those colors really pop!

Tabby....the pic looked dark here too....but I can tell it is beautiful! Good job and I would love to see the teachers face when she un wraps it!

I love looking at everyone's pics of progress!

Thanks for all the compliments!

Wendy~are your squares the same size as mine? what size are you making your ATW?

Tabby~I also thought the picture was dark but I'm sure it is beautiful. Aslo congrats on finishing it!

Hello everyone! I am still around just been very busy getting my Holiday exchange gift done and out of the way so I can work on the Prairie Star Afghan! Guess what?? That is right I finally got everything else done. Full steam ahead on the PS. I will have pictures to post tomorrow evening sometime. I just got everything done and in the box. All I have to do is tape it and take it to the post office tomorrow morning!

:cheerWendy your ghan is looking gorgeous!! You are doing a great job on it!

Tabby what a :manyheartbeauty you turned out!! Way to go!!:hug

Brenda that is just stunning!! Awesome Job!!!

Well I am off to do a little blogging and some more crocheting! I will be back tomorrow nite!!

Have a great nite everyone!!:hug

Archived