Does Your Head ever Spin?

:) Do you sometimes get so many ideas in your head for projects that your head spins?

Gee whiz! Ever since I began crocheting and step by step became more proficient all I think about is what is coming next and what I can do differently with this or that pattern to make it more my own.

I have so much stuff going on in my head these days I would have to quit my job, give up meals, get a dog walker for Cyrus, give up sleeping and eating and add a few more hours in my day to the 24.:lol

Any of you get caught up like this?

I'm the same way. I'm working on my shawl for swap and BAM, ideas for squares with my other wools that have to be worked on right away. So I have to take time and work a little on this, a little on that. Then maybe I can finish my afghan, my sons afghan (started first square) the one I owe my daughter...a shawl for mom....

Sometimes I just can't sleep because of all the ideas going through my mind. I went through a period recently when I wasn't even enjoying the time I had to work on my projects because I had some many projects I wanted to do that I felt like it was a race to get things done. Now I'm trying to limit myself to only having a couple of projects on the go and relaxing about how quickly things are progressing. I'm also trying to limit myself to projects that I really, really want to do.

I've found that progressing with my knitting has also made me chill out a bit more about getting things done quickly. At the moment I'm working on a felted bag knitted in noro yarn- the yarn is so lovely to work with that I'm actually wanting to savour my time working with it.

I'm hoping that I can keep chilled out about getting things completed this week- I have a sweater to complete this week for my mum's birthday on sunday. Its the unseamly sweater for the new Snb book- I started it yesterday and its working up quickly so fingers crossed I should get it done in plenty of time.

Your first paragraph describes me to a "T"! I even started knitting too! I made a dishcloth in 2 stitch check!

The unseamly sweater is on my to do list too! I have to swatch some more because I am having a hard time achieving gauge with this...I have gone up to a 6.5mm hook and I am not thrilled with the stitches at 6.5.

What are you using for yarn? I was trying TLC cotton plus.

Another thing that is bad...every ime an idea pops in my head I get on-line and buy yarn! Just since last Friday I bought: Wool of the Andes, more TLC cotton plus and 24 skeins of Filatura di Crosa Valentino!:eek

Sometimes I just can't sleep because of all the ideas going through my mind. I went through a period recently when I wasn't even enjoying the time I had to work on my projects because I had some many projects I wanted to do that I felt like it was a race to get things done. Now I'm trying to limit myself to only having a couple of projects on the go and relaxing about how quickly things are progressing. I'm also trying to limit myself to projects that I really, really want to do.

I've found that progressing with my knitting has also made me chill out a bit more about getting things done quickly. At the moment I'm working on a felted bag knitted in noro yarn- the yarn is so lovely to work with that I'm actually wanting to savour my time working with it.

I'm hoping that I can keep chilled out about getting things completed this week- I have a sweater to complete this week for my mum's birthday on sunday. Its the unseamly sweater for the new Snb book- I started it yesterday and its working up quickly so fingers crossed I should get it done in plenty of time.

Denise- I checked my gauge with this and it was fine- but I had to frog and restart it 3 times because it was still going to be a bit snug. I think one of the problems is that because it is made in one piece the bottom isn't as stretchy as it would be if it was made in two halves.?? I've done another top with v-stitch and with that I found that the length of the starting chain increased by a good 3 inch with the first few rows, but this hasn't happened with this top.

I'm making it out of cheap acrylic DK (we don't have worsted weight yarn over here) and I have a pretty limited budget. I was hoping to do it with a cotton/wool mix but was unable to find any locally and since I only have a week to get it done I couldn't order online. My LYS has pretty limited choices- mainly acrylic.

It would be bad enough if all I did was crochet. But I also sew, plan to start doing macrame after many years away, and keep looking into my book about needle lace. I have so many projects piled up right now. Some of them are almost finished, some are just collections of yarns or fabrics, along with possible embellishments. It's driving me so crazy I just gave up for the last few days and have been watching movies to take my mind completely away from it all.

I know what you all mean. Aside from crocheting, I also needle tat & do several techniques of rug making. I keep a steno pad & pen handy to write or sketch all those ideas that seem to surface when I'm working on something else. It comes in handy when I hit a crative dry spell

:)Alosha

I really thought I was going crazy. Now I must have found the house where my friends live. Everytime I sit down to crochet another project pops into my mind. Then I get upset because the project I am working on isn't getting finished. Right now I have a washcloth, purse and sweater all in progress. There are 2 more purses and an afghan and a dishcloth and bolero and a shrug to go. These projects are all running around in my mind.

Then I go to Crochetville and see more patterns. Oh boy! I have to make this and that and the other thing.:P

Yes, my head spins all the time with ideas and not just for crocheting...my muse is brutal...she's always waking me up at 3:00 a.m. and it's been like that for decades...

I have the same problem! But :clap I finally finished one of my WIP's last night, a cropped cardigan. I MADE myself finish it before I could pick up any of the other projects I have going. Now I hope I can do that with the rest and just get to doing one at a time again! I was doing so well before Xmas, but since then I have started 8 projects and have only completed 2! :eek

Archived