YoHoHoBo Bag

Becks

I made this bag last weekend using a skull graph and the tunisian stitch.....

th_blanket024.jpg(My dog thinks she is being sneaky and I won't notice her.)

Images are clickable to enlarge.

th_blanket023.jpgth_blanket022.jpg

It's made from yarn I bought at JoAnns a while ago that had no lables.

The black speckled background I suspect is that Red Heart Tweed brand. It's surprisingly soft for RH. The eyes and nose are that wonderful, soft Frenzy yarn. It has black with a dah of red and white thrown in. Just enough to make the skull look "alive". th_blanket025.jpg The skull and crossbones are in a sort of ecru-bone color which has brown flecks throughout. It felt like a Red Heart yarn but I have never seen this color before.

I made two square skull motifs, joined them, and then did a round crocheted circle which I attached to the bottom.th_blanket020.jpgIt has shoulder straps to carry across the back. I trimmed it all around with the same Frenzy yarn.

I asked my son to put it on for me. He was not very happy about it.:lol

Unfortunately, he is a wrestler and I think his shoulder width is too wide for this bag. There is an identical skull on the other side.

th_blanket021.jpg

Here it is more up close. I used a white suede strip to circle around and close the bag with the beads. I chose bone white and black for the beads.

Oh I'm in love with your bag! I can think of at least 4 people that would want one if I showed them this picture. It's divine. Did you use a pattern or did you come up with the design on your own?

Here's the graph I used.

skullchartbig.png

Isn't it great?!

I think it was made by a gal here at this blog.

http://acunningplan.typepad.com/andsheknitstoo/files/skull_scarf.html

She used a more detailed graph to make a fabulous knitted scarf. (I used the checked border too, but I did it in grey and you can barely see it.)

Here's more pics of her scarf...

[/url]

http://www3.sympatico.ca/stephannie.roy/skull.html

Wow--- that is really unique and well done! I love the stitching... and impressed with how well the skull worked out. I'm always timid about these kinds of projects- so I'm really impressed with your work.

Nice job!

Archived