CT yarn shops? ***visited two...

Sahmlock

anyone know of yarn shop in ct.....aside from the large major-named chains??????

:think

Ok, I went to one in NBranford...it was older and small. The patterns there were mainly for KNITTING...the yarn was VERY expensive....I guess I was in shell shock because I am so used to Acmoore, Michaels, and WALMART. But you get what you pay for and obviously this was a much better quality yarn. The display didnt quite get me though. There were no classes offered, just private lessons. I dont think I will be heading back there.

The second was in Wallingford, Country Yarns, and I was most pleased with this one. The building was "old" on the outside and "new-ish" on the inside. There is even a corner cabinet with some beautiful jewelry...and the examples of the work with the yarn is to die-for. The displays really inspired me to venture out into new yarns. The color scheme for the yarns was meticulously planned...and it showed. They had an area in the back for sitting at a table and reading the book...."their library". It was soooo shopper friendly. There were mostly knitting books, but I did find some crochet books...and they were pretty interesting ones. There are classes to take in both knitting and crochetting...and the clerk has swayed me to try my hand at knitting. She is a friendly older woman with a smile that is most assuring...she was telling me that knitting is easier and that it uses less yarn. She is also ordering MORE crochet books. The prices seemed a bit lower than north branford...however, maybe I was over my shell shock by then! This places definitely warrants another visit or two...and perhaps I will register for one of their many classes! DEFINITELY worth the trip!

The last time I visited CT, I stopped in a LYS in Torrington called Hither and Yarn. They had a lot of beautiful yarn... I bought two skeins from a local company that I fell in love with... and can't get in Michigan!

anyone know of yarn shop in ct.....aside from the large major-named chains??????

:think

Here ya go...

A list of Yarn shops with reviews!

http://knitting.about.com/library/blct.htm

I know there's also a yarn shop in downtown New Haven... I'll have to go search for the name.

OK, a google search came up with this list:

http://www.woolworks.org/stores/ct.html

Whereabouts in CT are you?

Joan

Where in Ct are you?

There's A Stitch In Time in Bethel, The Village Sheep in New Milford, and one in Southbury that I know of. There are many others in Ct. Check woolworks.org

Good Luck!

-Jen

There is a yarn shop off exit 69 (I-95) called Yarns Down Under. You can look them up online. I get weekly emails, thanks for reminding me to unsubscribe (I live in FL now, lol). :)

I live in Meriden. There is Country Yarns in wallingford, and the yarn barn in meriden. I like the Yarn Barn , nice yarns , reasonably priced and great service. They have classes as well.

Country Yarns is also nice, larger , and beautiful yarns but very very expensive. I go there for sales only or too get different ideas. I can't afford to spend 20 or more for a small skein of yarn. They also offer classes but those are expensive as well. I still like going there to look around though.

Wendyb532

There is a very small shop in Vernon, exit 67 off of I-84. I think it's called fiber arts something or other. She carries all of the Debbie Bliss, alot of plymoth encore and a bunch of other stuff. I've only been there once, but the owner was very nice and very pleasant to talk with. Most of the patterns were knitting but she spent quite a bit of time with me pulling out some crochet ones for me.

Archived