Someone is going to teach me to spin!!

Mom w/a Motif

I am so excited! I have been wanting to learn how to spin for years. I almost took a class once but I couldn't afford my own spinning wheel. I met someone last night and we got to talking (she was wearing a scarf that looked knitted, I asked her about it, one thing led to another...) She asked me if I could teach her how to knit so she can felt a bag. I said 'You need to have wool that will felt' that led to the discussion about me wanting to learn to spin... She has a spinning wheel, had her own business with weaving and I don't know what all else, I guess she taught classes to spin, too. Anyhow, long story short, I am teaching her to knit and she will teach me to spin! She even knows where to get wool. (I wouldn't have the first clue where to get it..) This is going to be sooooo cool!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

Tina

Wow, that is wonderful. I hope you will let us know how your first lesson goes, and possibly show us some photos of the event(?). I would love to learn how to spin, but it is such a rarity to find anyone who does this, let alone someone willing to teach it. You are so fortunate to have found this woman! I would be very curious to hear how it goes for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived