Sweaterbabe

monael

Oh man When I got the email for it ... i just wanted to buy it .. have to wait till i get paid to order the book ..but that is on my list of things to buy ... I can't wait :cheer :cheer :clap:cheer:hook :hook

• 1 month later...

I got this book yesterday. And it is fanastic! It has great fashions in it. I would recommend it over the S&B: Happy Hooker.

I got this book a week ago. It's not bad. I don't know what I was expecting, something more. I guess I was expecting more tops since she's called "sweaterbabe". I'm not exactly disappointed, just not thrilled. When I saw SnB in a store, I actually wished I had gotten that one instead because I love the Prepster jacket in there. *sigh* Guess I'll be forced to get them both. :P

That's a great book! The halter tops aren't for me, but my 25 yr. old DD would look great in those. I love the sweaters and other tops. Also it has a spiral binding, so I can crochet right from the book without having it close up on me all the time. That's one of the best ones I've bought lately.

If you're looking for more tops or sweaters, try Melissa Leapman's book "Cool Crochet." Lots of cute patterns, updated but still classic, easy to follow directions, information about the type of yarn used, and great tips on techniques!

Adri, it has 20 patterns. 4 scarves, 2 hats, 1 shawl, 2 purses, 1 slipper, 1 belt, 1 skirt, 3 short sleeve or sleeveless tops, 4 cardigan-type patterns, and 1 sweater.

Thank you so much! It is so often hard to get an idea of what is *inside* a book only from seeing it on line... so I really appreciate your input!

If you're looking for more tops or sweaters, try Melissa Leapman's book "Cool Crochet." Lots of cute patterns, updated but still classic, easy to follow directions, information about the type of yarn used, and great tips on techniques!

Thank you for the recommendation. I went to amazon.com and searched inside the book, liked what I saw, and ordered it. I have it now and it is fantastic, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Archived