Red and White Mile-A-Minute for Cristy

mwedzi

When I first learned to crochet I was addicted to mile-a-minute afghans. I might even hold the record on the number of patterns owned by a single person for the mile-a-minutes.:lol I started making up my own by combining techniques.

You did a great job! It does look like a peppermint stick.

Thanks, everybody. I made the mile-a-minute at the request of my mother who wanted a simple red and white afghan. I needed something simple and elegant, but not too boring. I did give it to her, but she never actually used it (my mother's tastes are much too hip and funky and sleek for anything I could crochet), so I took it back. The one on top was meant to be a picnic blanket, and I used it as such a couple of times. It required a lot more work than the mile-a-minute, though I did finish it in about 4-5 weeks working a little every day. All those ends to sew in! I finally started using it as a rug, which was a bad idea because my bunnies eventually tore so many holes in it I had to throw it away. You can see the beginning of their mischief, actually, if you look at the pic close enough. What a shame, it was a lot of work. :(

The red and white one does look like a peppermint candy! Good mile-a-minute. I'm also really impressed with the plaid blanket. That's very pretty.

Glad to have you here at Crochetville. Hope to see alot more of your pictures!

:cheer:clap:hook

Archived