Love Bug CAL

donnalynn2

:( No fair. . . My 8 year old fragged my OS and had to reinstall windows. And my ME disk was scratched. . . Took me 2 days to find the old 98 CD. . . I missed the FIRST thing that I'd have liked to try :(

I'd ask for a copy, but that would get me smashed with the Great ModHammer. . .

I finally finished my bug this morning. He looks pretty pathetic but it's my first STUFFED animal completed!!!! I hope to have batteries for my camera tonite so I should be able to share pics tomorrow!

My daughter LOVED her Love Bug:clap :c9

I didn't get a chance to post a picture of it yesterday but here it is

lovebug-amelias.jpg

if you want to see it bigger here's the link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/FMH_2004/Crochet%20Stuff/P2140005.jpg

Wow! Yours is adorable! I should have used larger eyes for mine but wasn't thinking and got itty bitty ones... My DH still loves it though, no matter how pathetic it looks! I have to buy batteries for my camera tonite and hopefully will be able to post pics then!

:( No fair. . . My 8 year old fragged my OS and had to reinstall windows. And my ME disk was scratched. . . Took me 2 days to find the old 98 CD. . . I missed the FIRST thing that I'd have liked to try :(

I'd ask for a copy, but that would get me smashed with the Great ModHammer. . .

Just a suggestion: Try taking your ME disk to one of the myriad Game stores, such as Gamestop, and ask them if they'd run your disk through their "polishing" or cleaning machine. it's supposed to remove any scratches and make games playable. It should work for OS disks too. Worth a try anyhow.

OR.. you could see this as the right time to upgrade to windows2000. It's a lot more user friendly than ME. :) Glad to have you back online in anycase.

OR.. you could see this as the right time to upgrade to windows2000. It's a lot more user friendly than ME. :) Glad to have you back online in anycase.

Next time I go to the "Big City" (I live in the boondocks. nothing here but miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles!) I'll try that! And I just checked my system, and I can run XP. It's very game-friendly, so I'm going to go with that. Of course, I really need to upgrade when Vista comes out. . . ;) This computer is so out of date anyway. . . :angry

Next time I go to the "Big City" (I live in the boondocks. nothing here but miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles!) I'll try that! And I just checked my system, and I can run XP. It's very game-friendly, so I'm going to go with that. Of course, I really need to upgrade when Vista comes out. . . ;) This computer is so out of date anyway. . . :angry

XP SAYS it can run on 128 of RAM, but is MUCH MUCH better with 256 or more.. Just to let you know. I do computer tech support, and while I don't know everything (my boss is much better than I), we don't install xp on systems with under 256 of ram unless the client insists. Just a FYI... and ram is relatively cheap, and easy for almost anyone to install.. but DO go with a name brand like crucial or kingston.. (the offbrands will cause heartache in the longrun).

back to your regularly scheduled crochet.......

XP SAYS it can run on 128 of RAM, but is MUCH MUCH better with 256 or more.. Just to let you know. I do computer tech support, and while I don't know everything (my boss is much better than I), we don't install xp on systems with under 256 of ram unless the client insists. Just a FYI... and ram is relatively cheap, and easy for almost anyone to install.. but DO go with a name brand like crucial or kingston.. (the offbrands will cause heartache in the longrun).

back to your regularly scheduled crochet.......

I have 255 :think. That's what I have under My Comp properties. I know there's 256 because I installed half of it myself :)

I don't do tech for the public, but when family has an issue, either I or my hubby do the walkthrough. . . people who think their Brand New computer does not have a hard drive. . . . and can't install from an autorun cd. . . :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived