Ziploc XL Big Bags

auntbubbels

I never thought of using them for my stash. It's a great idea. I learn so much from this site. I'll have to go get a box tomorrow, when I'm at Wal-mart picking up some blue yarn for a new baby that was born today. I try to make one for all new babies on our block. Kinda my own tradition.

Linda:manyheart

I bought a box of the XL, along with enough of the 2.5 gal size to almost own the company, :lol Since my stash has grown so out of control (and, I'm afraid to admit, I smoke and worry about it affecting my stash, despite stringent segregation and air flow control), I am finding I have no choice but to start storing most of it in the basement, where I again obsess about smell issues (that musty basement smell, oi!). So all of the yarn is getting bagged up in the ziplocks and then going into clear plastic crates so I can still see what I have, yet be protected to the best of my ability. I will also be adding stuff like cedar balls and silica pouches (and anything else I can creatively come up with to keep that yarn smelling sweet) to the crates. But the XL bags are turning out to be very good for storing a decent amount of yarn under my bed. I can fit more of those under there - and get them in and out more easily in the cramped space of the tiny room - than the one plastic underbed crate I got. I nearly have to rip the room apart to get that thing maneuvered in and out of there!

My plan is to get every single stray ball of stash yarn inventoried, bagged and crated by the middle of February, with about 2/3 of it stored downstairs and the other 1/3 divided between my (non-smoking) living room and (non-smoking) bedroom. If anything manages to make me break this smoking habit, worrying about my stash just might do it! :eek One of these days... I can hardly wait for warmer weather so I can at least ban myself to smoking outside again. :lol

I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but here's the website for Ziploc, maybe there will be some kind of a "contact us" link there where you can let them know you can't find these bags. :think I'm fortunate I guess, I haven't had any problems finding these here!

Archived