Books!!

LadyyOftheOak

Ok second to horses and yarn I tend to stash books.. love books.. very cheap date me and hubby at the book store :c9 We're both book worms :blush

Anyway, I have just this week bought Cool Crochet, the Encyclopedia of Crochet and am waiting on my copy of Crochet Bible :manyheart

Any others out there I should be looking for? :devil

Vogue Knitting on the Go: Crocheted Hats is fun, but you have to watch out for typos :eek My personal favorite right now is So Simple Crochet by Melody Griffiths, the pictures and patterns are just beautiful :manyheart If you want to try a new technique and walk on the wild side a bit there is Crocheting with Beads and Wire by Nancie M. Wiseman, it's alot of fun but takes a little getting used to.

I just got Simple Crochet for Cherished Babies. I haven't had a chance to try out any patterns yet, but they look great. If you like to crochet for babies, you might like this book.

I'll keep those both in mind. Right now I'm focusing pretty heavily on women's wear actually.. less hats and scarves and god help, no more ponchos please.. but nice sweaters, cardigans, tank tops, halter tops, dresses.. would love to find a nice airy skirt pattern that could be a cover over a fabric lining.. things like that :)

Mostly though I'm just interested in new combinations of stitches.. love love the encyclopedia for just this, have some great new inspiration for patterns and for things to do :D

Hip to Crochet is great. There's even a set of patterns which, when all put together, make a very nice crocheted suit! (Cardigan, pullover, and skirt patterns.)

Now, when it comes to a nice, openwork skirt pattern, I have been lusting over this for quite a while now (just haven't had the opportunity to get it, though it's only $6):

http://www.weirdmirror.org/patterns/spider.htm

I know what you mean about ponchos. I think they've about had their time. I agree that Hooked on Crochet is a great one, since you're looking for women's wear. The Chic Hippie Skirt in it would look nice over a fabric slip.

I recently purchased "The New Crochet" and like it very much.

It has garmets as well as some accessories.

And that is the name of the book that I was trying to remember so I could recommend it! It is a very nice book, not overwhelmingly scarves & ponchos, thank the Divine Being of your choice.:hook I've already made one or two things out of it, & have plans for many more. (And I should say I rarely wind up making an exact project out of a book; I generally use them as starting points, but I've made this necklace completely according to the directions.)

I just bought 200 Crochet Blocks by Jan Eaton and I *love* it!

I got this for Christmas. Isn't it a great book? I'm dying to make an afghan from it. After my 63 square afghan is done I want to make one using this book.

Hmmmmm, I bet that would be a great CAL!

lol Donna

Glad you don't live near me lol. just kidding...

I have tons of Annies Attic crochet booklets and Annies newsletter and Hook on Crochet magazines--like over 20 years worth that is a lot of books( even if they are small). LOL

I like the Leisure Arts Crochet books the best.

My favorite I have bought over the last few years is... The House of White Birches..Crochet for Caring and Sharing. It has a lot of great patterns and ones that you would use.

:hook

Twinnish:

This book rocks my world. In fact, I am on a mission to create all 200 blocks from the book from my yarn stash. I am going to sew them all together and create the world's ugliest afghan. My progress is posted on my blog (URL below).

-colleen

Archived