Milwaukee, Wisconsin get together! **UPDATE** August 26 meet planned!

viggie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in Portage , Wisconsin and this idea sounds soo neat i'm about 45 Minutes from Madison... 15 from the dells. I didn't know we had a yarn store so close that is very neat! i'm going to have to check it out!!! Awesome idea guys Mind if i bring my mom who is interested in learning how to crochet?

Tami

I think AngelFire's suggestion to meet in Madison rather than Janesville is a good one. Tami, you and your mom are both welcome. I figure, the more, the merrier!

I would be happy to plot out 3 or 4 stops in and/or around Madison for Saturday, July 29th.

If you want to contact me directly, I have a new email address:

[members can contact you directly through your profile - pls do not post your email addy on a public forum]

Debra

Speaking from the point of view of someone who's already driving 3 hours to get out there and back....I'm not sure driving around once I get there sounds all that appealing :|

I think AngelFire's suggestion to meet in Madison rather than Janesville is a good one. Tami, you and your mom are both welcome. I figure, the more, the merrier!

I would be happy to plot out 3 or 4 stops in and/or around Madison for Saturday, July 29th.

If you want to contact me directly, I have a new email address:

rileycatcrochet@charter.net

Debra

I talked to my mom today and told her about the meet. She lives in Janesville too. She found additional places for yarn.

Frene Creek Farms 2631 N. Polzin Rd (608)754-8141 where they raise sheep and have a place to show by appointment of their homespun yarn

Myers 2871 Liberty Lane

Barbara's Yarn Hwy 14

Blackhawk Crafts may be Ben Franklin 1850 Center Ave.

Machine Knittery @ 1310 S. Walnut Street if someone local could check that out

U-Pick farm where they also have their own homespun yarn

these are in addition to the ones close in Milton (Joslyns Fiber Farm, (608) 868-3224, 5738 E Klug Rd, Milton, WI, 53563)

this is just additional information for those interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Id be all for Madison Wisconsin in stead! ill have to see what is all going on on the 29th.. i'm starting to think that the 26th is going to be a bit better since the 27th is my birthday of august. I turn 27 ... Krosha sounds like a very pretty store i'm allmost thinking of setting my craft room when i move like how they have it lol..

I'm moving to StockBridge Wisconsin which is near appleton on October 1st i'm going to really miss madison :( can someone email me with all the store links near by this area?

I think for the 26th i'm going to tell my mom i want to go yarn shoping lol..

ill get back to you on what day forsure i will be attending :) I really wanna do this.

I have a work in progress right now check it out on my blog ladies :)

July 29th is fast approaching! We only have 3 people confirmed right now. Has anyone else figured out if they are going to join us?

It sounds like this could fall apart in a heartbeat. My husband reminded me that he is going away for a guy's weekend over the 29th, which makes it not so easy for me to get away.

I would be glad to arrange something in the Madison area this fall. I'll post a new thread next month to see if there is any interest.

Have fun in Janesville!

Well unless there is a sudden flood of people wanting to go to Janesville next weekend, that date is going to be cancelled. It's just not an event if only one other person is coming...lol. Either way the Milwaukee get-together is still in the works!

good reason to cancel...it seemed that once the meeting was optioned for Milwaukee /Madison, Janesville became a none option for most. Getting together is still a great idea and I hope to make one of the other meetings. Oh and Dragonfly Yarn shop in Janesville didn't post their summer hours online...they don't open until noon during the summer. I was disappointed to go there and find out the hard way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I live about an hour and a half north of Milwaukee, BUT, my family lives there and we like to get down and visit as often as we can. Let me see what the the fam's schedule looks like and maybe this will work for me. would be nice to go with fellow addicts, I usually have to go alone or drag someone along who really doesn't "get it", lol...

Only 2 weeks until the planned Milwaukee meet. I only have 2 people who said they would come. Have we lost interest in this get together as well? :(

As much as I want to come, I just can't commit right now. We have to go to Waukesha this week-end as my son is moving into his new house. I'm not sure we'll be able to drive down two weeks in a row.

• 2 weeks later...

Kro-sha was great,:yay I am sorry if I missed any of you. My daughter and I were there a bit after 12 and left at 12:50, got lots of yarn from the clearance cradle. Cute how she did that. My daughter has started an interest in k**tt**g :eek (I know the naughty word, sorry) but now I have a yarn shopper in the house woo hoo:cheer NOw I have a someone I can blame for the YAS...unless she starts on it:devil

This will be a store I stop in again, they have "open stitching" on Wednesday nights....sounds like a great place to chill after work

I hope we can meet again:manyheart

Archived