Milwaukee, Wisconsin get together! **UPDATE** August 26 meet planned!

viggie

Are you up for meeting some of your crochetville friends and visiting new yarn stores? We are planning 2 separate meets, one on Milwaukee and one in Janesville.

PM or Email me which of these you are interested in, and suggest a date for a possible Milwaukee meet. Feel free to contact me or post your suggestions. Black is for people who've shown an interest but not said one way or another yet. Orange is uncertain. Green have verified they'll attend.

August 26 at Kro-Sha in Milwaukee at 12:00 pm gc_button1.gif

artemis, Chrome Kitty, coolhockeymom, crochetnotknit, goldi316, Kelly the mad crocheter, TamiCrochets & Mom, tammyann, vigilant20

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be willing to meet for a "weekend getaway". I live an hour west of Madison, so its about three hours to Milwaukee for me. If you plan something in your area on a weekend, let me know!

I'm an hour east of Madison, so it may be just as easy to meet there if we can find a few others. Maybe we could hit some yarn stores together sometime :) I've never been to any out there.

I would be willing to meet for a "weekend getaway". I live an hour west of Madison, so its about three hours to Milwaukee for me. If you plan something in your area on a weekend, let me know!

Ohhhh good idea. Janesville would be fine with me. I've only been to one LYS, so I definately need to get out more...lol.

Lol, I am about 45 mins South of Madison, near Whitewater. I would LOVE to get together with you guys....The Janesville area is nice, LOTS of Local yarn stores, really close. I know of two out in the country that are really nice! Let me know what you all plan!

Sorry, I forgot to check this thread earlier. I know my way around Janesville well. Theres a Micheals, JoAnns, Hancocks, Walmart with yarn, then there is a cute little yarn shop called Dragonfly...I will check on hours. Then there is a yarn shop in Milton, about 5 mins away, then two out West here, about 20 and 30 mins away, called Pins and Needles and Studios, which the last one Ive never been to, but I have heard its nice! Oh, janesville also has a Ben franklin too...always forget about it, way on the other side of town!

Roaming around Janesville and Milton sounds fun! :clap I'm usually available, so whatever works best for the rest of you. Maybe we can plan this for sometime next month :)

Sorry, I forgot to check this thread earlier. I know my way around Janesville well. Theres a Micheals, JoAnns, Hancocks, Walmart with yarn, then there is a cute little yarn shop called Dragonfly...I will check on hours. Then there is a yarn shop in Milton, about 5 mins away, then two out West here, about 20 and 30 mins away, called Pins and Needles and Studios, which the last one Ive never been to, but I have heard its nice! Oh, janesville also has a Ben franklin too...always forget about it, way on the other side of town!

This will be so fun! I work during the day, so I need advance notice so I can get a day off, but once in a while you need that, LOL!

I'd have everyone meet at my home, but I live on a farm, WAY out, so FINDING it may be a problem....but maybe we could meet at micheals, its right off the interstate.

I'm about 40 minutes of Janesville, also, and would love to get out of the house and hang out with some people who understand what the heck I mean when I start babbling about crochet (which is, mostly all the time! lol)

I also had found Joanns and michaels, and walmart, but had no idea baout the other shops mentioned.

It would have to be on a weekend for me to come out and play, though, unless it was a thursday and someone was close enough to Sharon to pick me up on the way.

Oh, Lily, your in Sharon? I just read an article about an animal santuary there....some thing I would LOVE to volunteer at, but not quite sure EXACTLY WHERE Sharon is, LOL. I live very near Johnstown on a farm, but work in Janesville. LOL, you probaly have no idea where Johnstown is either, nothing much there, but its east of janesville. Have you ever been to that animal santuary...I think it was called Valley of the Kings, or something simular?

Since I'm absolutely horrible with directions and stuff, I'll just say Sharon is right on the WI/IL border in Walworth County, 10 miles from Darien, 10 miles from Delavan, 7 or so from Walworth, and directly to the north of Harvard, IL. If I'm facing Canada, Beloit is on the left and Walworth, Fontana, Lake Geneva, etc. are on the right. I think Whitewater/Madison would be straight ahead, and Harvard behind me.

The cool thing about living here is that even though it seems its in the middle of nowhere, We're pretty close to all of the major highways and about 1-2 hours away from the HUGE cities... and centrally located for a shorter drive to several other cities.

A country girl at heart, I prefer the drive to living in a bigger town.

The sanctuary is sort of a mystery. Well.. perhaps not a mystery so much as... It is truly a sanctuary. The public aren't allowed to go do the gawking thing and see the animals... I've lived here for 2 years and i *still* don't know exactly where it is. I do know that every now and then they sort of do a bit of publicity or get another article about them, and every now and then you will hear 'through the grapevine" that they need stuff or money donated. I have no idea if they are looking for volunteers, I can try and find out for you if you'd like, and get some contact info for you.

and to stay on-topic, sort of.. I plan on telling the hubby to bugger off for the day and making a little escape to Janesville for yarn petting and lunch. I don't know when it will be, it will depend on how soon my wonderful Mom sends me my birthday money :D either this coming weekend or the one after.... I'll be back with more as soon as I know when it will be.

It's sad that none of us are really close to each other, but I'm sure that'll make get togethers that much more exciting :)

It's sad that none of us are really close to each other, but I'm sure that'll make get togethers that much more exciting :)

I agree! I'm in Kenosha, right next to Lake Michigan. So far, I'm still rather clueless where all these towns are that have been mentioned so far - other than to realize that it would be a considerable drive for me...

Hey Goldi! What a coincidence, I was just thinking about you! I started my first seraphina shawl today and spent half the morning trying to figure out the pattern. Only then did I log in and find out you already had an edited version...lol. Ah well. If you are in Kenosha then Janesville is probably too far for you.

I was hoping to set up 2 get togethers for now. One for us closer to Milwaukee and one for those closer to Madison. Of course, anyone is welcome to come to either! I'm interested in both and I really like the sound of checking out the stores in Janesville for the Madison-ish trip. Maybe Kro Sha for us Milwaukee people? It's even got some couches gathered in the middle so we could spend time gabbing and deciding what to do with our new yarn :) There's also a couple other stores in driving distance for those who want to do some yarn hopping...lol.

Maybe one end of this month and one beginning of march? What do you guys think?

I agree! I'm in Kenosha, right next to Lake Michigan. So far, I'm still rather clueless where all these towns are that have been mentioned so far - other than to realize that it would be a considerable drive for me...

• 3 months later...

Hey, I just found this thread! I was born and raised in Janesville. Great town to raise kids -- when you're a parent -- but as a kid there, I thought it stunk. :blush

I know where Johnstown is, too! I've been to the Duck Inn a few times.

I'd be glad to meet up with others. I need to venture out to some local yarn shops. I've been stuck in the Joann's/Michael's/Wal-Mart rut.

The weather is getting nicer. Do I smell a road trip, anyone???

I'd be willing to take the hike out that way to play with yarn with you guys :) Maybe we could plan something in June.

• 1 month later...

I live in Janesville...let's do this some time soon. I didn't know about some of the shops. I have only been back to crocheting for a few months and back in Janesville for less than six months. I was born here though.

Bad timing with the holiday weekend coming up. What about July 15th?

I live in Janesville...let's do this some time soon. I didn't know about some of the shops. I have only been back to crocheting for a few months and back in Janesville for less than six months. I was born here though.

Bad timing with the holiday weekend coming up. What about July 15th?

I'll be in Pennsylvania for the CGOA convention from the 12th to the 16th.

You could have a "mini-convention" on the 15th or wait until July 29th or August 6th and I'll come and bring what I saw/learned at the convention.

If you go ahead on the 15th, that's fine. Someone finally has to say, "This is the day, this is the time, this is the place. If you can come, come."

Archived