Milwaukee, Wisconsin get together! **UPDATE** August 26 meet planned!

viggie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
July 29th in Janesville works for me! Who else is in?

I've put it on the calendar. It should work for me. It's about a three hour drive, so I wouldn't want to meet before 10 am or after 3 pm.

Where would we meet? I see there is a LYS in town.

http://www.dragonflyyarnshop.com/

Has anyone been there? Do they have places to sit? Would they be okay if we brought in food? We could call them and see how they would feel about giving us a room or some chairs for a few hours. I can't see they'd turn down a half dozen eager crocheter! Or is there another place in town to meet? Like the library?

July 29th in Janesville works for me! Who else is in?

We don't seem to be getting a lot of response from this!

Would more or less people be interested if it were not so far south...say Madison or Milwaukee?

I know there are several people in the Fond du Lac area.

I live closest to Milwaukee, so my selfish response would be there. But seeing as we've never done anything like this before I really don't mind the drive to meet everyone.

I personally prefer Milwaukee, too, as my son lives in the area.

Let's see what some others reply.

Then I think we need to PM the Wisconsinites to catch those who are not reading regularly.

Vigilant20: Have you been to the store in Wauwatosa called Cro-sha? What's it like?

thanks for the PM about this thread, angelfire.

It would be easier for me to get to a Janesville get together, but that's like saying a hungry school of pirahna is friendlier than a rottweiler whose yard you've just broken into.

...yes, I'm in a mood today. sorry.

wherever it is, I have a 50 percent chance of being able to get away and afford the gas on the same day. I have to vote "let me know when you all decide and I'll try like crazy to be there."

Janesville 'would' be easier but I'd also LOVE to find that Kro-sha store.

That's the weekend of my county fair and I have to be there W,T, & F, but not Saturday. However, I'll be so beat I don't think a drive to Janesville will be in the cards. That's ok though because even if I could go, I'd probably get :blushnervous:2blush about meeting new people and change my mind at the last minute.

That's ok though because even if I could go, I'd probably get :blushnervous:2blush about meeting new people and change my mind at the last minute.

Goodness, gracious! A bunch of crocheters is not particularly threatening, is it? I understand about being nervous about meeting new people, but you've got to admit that the people here at Crochetville are super accepting. It's probably the only group of new people that would great you with a :hug!

Kro Sha is a really cute store. The only drawback is that they do have a cat and dogs that visit from next door, so there is the allergy drawback.

But now that we have people agreeing to a meet in Janesville, maybe we should just go for it and plan a Milwaukee trip later? Especially since we seem to be such an indecisive group :)

I've already blocked it off on my calendar. And thanks to those who alerted the people who aren't watching this thread! :)

Goodness, gracious! A bunch of crocheters is not particularly threatening, is it? I understand about being nervous about meeting new people, but you've got to admit that the people here at Crochetville are super accepting. It's probably the only group of new people that would great you with a :hug!

Well ever since I read about the crocheters beating up the knitters (here), I've been a little scared of all of you.:lol But seriously, that's just the way I am when I meet new people, even if I know they'll be nice. :blush Maybe I can make the one in Milwaukee.

if you decide on a different date for the Milwaukee one please let me know. I would be happiest if we could all meet in one place at one time that is convenient for everyone, I just have plans for Rock County to be with my family that weekend of the 29th. Oh, I am quite shy myself but I figure that we all love chatting here that in person can only be better .

If you decide on Milwuakee for a different weekend I think that is alright.

I have been just watching this and now I will jump in

I am willing to come, if you will have me. I do not often view this

thread, so if someone would be willing to PM me when the final

arrangements are worked out. I am in Greendale a suburb of Milwaukee

Thank you in advance:c9

Hmmm would some sort of organization help? Here's a list of everyone who's shown interested in the cities we were discussing. Feel free to tell me to shut up or make suggestions too...lol.

July 29th in Janesville:

angelfire, artemis, b1jah2, carrieanne, coolhockeymom, lily, RileyCat, TracyD, vigilant20

Pick a date in Milwaukee:

angelfire, Chrome Kitty, goldi316, Kelly the mad crocheter, vigilant20

I would really love to join you. However, I have a wedding to attend on July 29th. Please let me know if you plan to do this again.

Hmmm would some sort of organization help?

Pick a date in Milwaukee:

angelfire, Chrome Kitty, goldi316, Kelly the mad crocheter, vigilant20

Oh, yes, thank you!!! We need organization!

I'd rather come to Milwaukee since my son is in the area. The only times I am not free are July 15-16 and August 19.

I'm not cat/dog allergic so Cro-Shay is fine with me.

I know we are all a bit nervous about meeting, but I think in a yarn shop surrounded by the fibers we love, we will all be comfortable and have something to chat about. When we've had enough...we leave!

Please keep planning Vigilant20. Just make some "executive decisions" and let's do our best.

Thanks.

I tentatively put down August 26 for Milwaukee since I haven't heard a no to this yet, and those of us (me) who are going to both can save our pennies inbetween meets for more yarn...hehe.

I tentatively put down August 26 for Milwaukee since I haven't heard a no to this yet, and those of us (me) who are going to both can save our pennies inbetween meets for more yarn...hehe.

Being a Saturday, I don't anticipate that there would be anything coming up that would not let me attend, as far as scheduling goes. With this much advance notice, I can possibly find a way to stash the pennies away so I can cover the expense. I'm not a "morning" kind of person, though, so if we could set this for the afternoon, that'd be great, and would definitely increase my chances of making it.

Well ever since I read about the crocheters beating up the knitters (here), I've been a little scared of all of you.:lol But seriously, that's just the way I am when I meet new people, even if I know they'll be nice. :blush Maybe I can make the one in Milwaukee.

Trust me when I say that I will also have to battle the urge to drop out - not so much from shyness as from some other conditions that have been hampering my ability to get around lately. But I still do have a bit of difficulty with meeting people, however, in a way, we do already "know" each other from hanging around here! I have met online friends in person before and it has always been a good time, I can't imagine that this would be any different! :ghug

I will mark my calendar. I have been wanting to visit Kro-shay for a long time, and this would be a golden opportunity for me. :yes Allergy is not an issue...

Things are greening up! We have 3 people for Janesville and 4 people for Milwaukee who verified they can come so far, plus a bunch of un-verifieds who have expressed interested. I'm getting all excited :) I mean, I'm shy like many of the rest of you...but I've never had any real life crochet friends!

I switched Milwaukee until Noon. I'll have to call for her actual hours...I know she doesn't have access to update her website so those hours are not up to date.

Hi everyone,

I'm one of the three people verified for Janesville on July 29th. I live in Fitchburg, WI, which is the city directly south of Madison (we might as well be Madison because our children attend the same schools and we pay Madison property taxes!), and I have lived the last 15+ years in and around Madison.

The Dragonfly yarn shop in Janesville is on the same street where I grew up (Wright Road). It would be nice if we could find another shop to visit in Janesville, too, since this one shop can't possibly be the only one to serve a city that size. But, I did a pretty extensive Google search this a.m. and can't find another yarn shop in Janesville. Needles and Pins Yarn Shop (http://www.needlesnpinsyarnshoppe.com/) and Studio S outside Delavan are about 12 1/2 miles east of Dragonfly on Cty Hwy A (Cty Hwy A is Milwaukee St. in Janesville, which intersects with Wright Rd.).

Maybe we should try to plan another outing in the Madison area? There are many yarn shops in Madison and the surrounding area.

MADISON AND ADJACENT COMMUNITIES:

Off the Beaten Path on Femrite Drive in Monona, WI (like Fitchburg, a city that is right next to Madison, but at least they have their own school system): http://knitmeone.net/default.aspx

The Knitting Tree on Monroe Street in Madison, WI: http://www.knittingtree.com/about.html

Lakeside Fibers on Lakeside Street in Madison, WI: www.lakesidefibers.com

Weaving Workshhop on E. Johnson Street in Madison, WI: http://new.enterit.com/Weaving1066/

Florilegium Antiques and Needleart on E. Johnson Street in Madison, WI

Stitcher's Crossing on Mineral Point Road in Madison, WI: (Website is under development http://www.stitcherscrossing.com/)

Coyote Yarns on Parmenter Street in Middleton, WI (Middleton is also adjacent to Madison)

'Tis the Season on Hubbard Avenue in Middleton, WI -- has a yarn corner in a year 'round Christmas shop

The Sow's Ear on Main Street in Verona, WI (Verona is about 2 miles southwest of Madison, developing so quickly that it will soon be adjacent to Madison): http://www.knitandsip.com

MADISON AREA:

The Knit Whit on Main Street in Cambridge, WI (about 22 miles east of Madison)

Susan's Fiber Shop in Columbus, WI (about 27 miles northwest): http://www.susansfibershop.com/index.htm

Woodland Studios on Main Street in Stoughton, WI (about 17 miles southeast): http://www.woodland-studios.com/

OK .... now I need to get some work done today! Please let me know if another outing in and around Madison interests you.

Archived