what do YOU want?

RebeccaVelasquez

Question

• Answers 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the others.. I have been looking for sweater patterns for weeks nothing I liked in crochet, so I ended up knitting.....

You'll have a line of people to be your testers.. So don't worry about that!!!!

I want to see nice womens' clothing. As nice as the stuff I see in knitting magazines/sites. In nice, natural fibers. I'm kinda getting away from the whole novelty yarn thing. They're nice enough in scarves and maybe hats... or maybe as a trim on gloves... that sort of thing, but not in clothing, imo. I am also kind of out of bulky items. I'd like to see crocheted clothing that has a nice drape to it, which might be achieved through a smaller hook and thinner yarn?

OH, and plus size patterns. Things that are really cute, and stylish... but still flattering. I'm only a XL/ 16-18 myself (tops), and I can't find sweaters that I like... that are long enough (below the waist), in a nice yarn, stitch pattern... that fits in a way to accentuate my curves, not hide them. But nothing tight either. Heh. Hope that made at least a LITTLE sense.

Good luck on your endeavor!

I have to agree with all the fun fur hate, although I do like the bulky nubby yarns.

As for me, I'm a little weary of everyone trying to prove how cool crochet is with all the "fun, funky" patterns.

I agree with everyone who has asked for actual measurements instead of S,M,L. I don't like sewing pieces together, so any top-down, bottom-up, or general all in one piece with minimal joining type patterns make me very happy.

And, of course a stitch gauge, so it's easier to substitute yarn. You'd think that would be a given, wouldn't you? But I've seen a lot of patterns that don't give one.

Best of luck to you!

I would love to see more patterns for sweater-coats. I love these but I can't find a good pattern for one. I agree with everyone else about an expanded size range and more specific measurements for clothing. Less ponchos and fun fur would be nice, too.

I'm with everyone else when it come to garments that the real world can wear. I would like to see more patterns that are for pus size people. I wear a 3x and I have 1 pattern that I as able to find w/o having to change to fit me. I also echo the sleeve thing. Sleeveless and long sleeves are rare worn. short sleeve or 3/4 are nice. Thanks for the inquiry. This has ben nice to get off my chest.

I vote for more wearables too. No granny squares or fun fur lol. Cute stuff, things for real sizes, Cardis, tanks, sweaters, short sleeved tops.... I'm with the others who voted for affordable yarns too. The expensive stuff is nice, and if I could afford to use it I would... but I'm more interested in being able to make more items for my money. If I spend $100 on yarn, it better get me more than one project lol. I get very frustrated by the patterns in the magazines when they call for such expensive yarns. (I don't buy expensive clothes,shoes or bags either!) So I vote for nice, but affordable yarns.

One thing I like to see with clothing patterns is sketches with measurements. I like to know how long/wide each piece is supposed to turn out. That also makes it easier to sub yarns I'd guess? (I've made exactly one piece of clothing and I didn't use a pattern so I'm talking out my hind end here probably)

Anything that makes a pattern more adaptable would be great =)

i was asked why, soo.....

i decided this was my year to do something about the absence of patterns. i think a lot of you know i was a professional seamstress for many years and now i want to put my sewing/pattern making knowledge to use with crochet. all i need are a few basic measurements and i can make a sewing pattern of any kind to fit any body. i took classes, went to seminars and practiced practiced practiced to develop this skill. it's just time i use it again. it's been 3 years (when my youngest was born) since i've touched my sad neglected sewing machine. guess i'm just missing it, but my heart is still in crochet right now. so there ya go. that's my reason. i hadn't really thought of a book or anything. i was really thinking 'crochet me'. the reason i ask is because i know what i like, but i'm a very very casual dresser and wanted to hear what others have in mind when searching for patterns.

...okay, i'm rambling.

i have saved everyone's comments and will continue to do so... i hope to be bugging for testers soon.:hook

You go girl! :hug:hook:cheer

Archived