Hat-a-Week

Croshay

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried making this hat a few months ago, got frustrated and frogged it. If anyone has already made it, or when you do, will you please explain the last little bit of the pattern to me. I made the brim, but didn't understand what it meant about using the free loops to finish the hat.

I think Homespun is on sale this week at Hobby Lobby. If I can figure this pattern out, I might go get some yarn.

Dang...I can't win with the patterns. I've been madly making hats, and my afghan for the hurricane relief(Sq. for Surv) to use up all my Homespun. And it wasn't appropiate yarn for all the other patterns, now that I'm down to the nubbings, little of this-- little of that left of Homespun where I can get a bag of something different out of my stash, we have a pattern that actually calls for Homespun:blush , might have to see how creative I can be with what I have left; though I think this hat looks good in one color. Drat...I will resistent the sale and I will not go, I will not go, I will not go...Hobby Lobby...I even have the sale thing in my mail cause I'm on their email list.

Made a cute 2 tone pink hat with what I had left of reg. yarn from making squares for Afghans _ etc. for charity, and a couple of rows of fun pink furry yarn, for a little one just a short while ago, intending it to be wk 9. Hum...

Happy Stitching folks.

Latest hats (not the pink one yet) are pictures on my charity blog.

I gave this to my 85 year old friend. She loved it! It's supposed to be made with homespun but I'm trying to get rid of my yarn stash and buying new yarn was not an option. So scraps it is! Highly successful idea.haw013.jpg

I gave this to my 85 year old friend. She loved it! It's supposed to be made with homespun but I'm trying to get rid of my yarn stash and buying new yarn was not an option. So scraps it is! Highly successful idea.

haw013.jpg

Such a cute cute hat =) :manyheart I started this pattern and am almost finished. But I just love your hat and the beautiful colors its made of =)

This try with homespun went quite well (although the FO is bigger than my head by a bit). :cheer Here is a picture at my blog, today's date, 02.03.06. A larger hook makes such a difference!

cloche.jpg

Just wanted to stop in and say hello :hi We had a death in the family so I haven't had time to do any hats :( I will catch up though! I really would like to do some kind of hat in homespun.

Croshay: Glad that the hat is getting lots of compliments! :) Have you made the hat for dh yet?

Kim

Ktornatola, my sympathy to you and your family. :hug I, myself, am heading off to a funeral for a family member this weekend.

Melissacrochets, thank you! :hook

Ktornatola - Sorry about your loss. :hug No, I haven't made hubby's beach ball hat yet. I did go as far as undoing the top of the first one I'd made, so I could study over yours to try to improve on mine...but I haven't had time to fool with it again.

Clocke - Sorry about your loss too. :hug

Ugh, I still haven't gotten around to this week's hat. For those of you wo have, can you explain the brim to me? I got lost and frogged the hat a few months ago because I couldn't figure that out.

Hugs to those of you who have lost family members recently. :hug

Ugh, I still haven't gotten around to this week's hat. For those of you wo have, can you explain the brim to me? I got lost and frogged the hat a few months ago because I couldn't figure that out.
Tell me, again, what stitches you had problems with.

Ktornatola - Sorry about your loss. :hug No, I haven't made hubby's beach ball hat yet. I did go as far as undoing the top of the first one I'd made, so I could study over yours to try to improve on mine...but I haven't had time to fool with it again.

Clocke - Sorry about your loss too. :hug

How are YOU feeling?

Tell me, again, what stitches you had problems with.

I don't have the pattern right in front of me. But I remember making the brim, and then the directions saying something about using the extra loops. I don't know what that means. What extra loops? Where?

:think

I don't have the pattern right in front of me. But I remember making the brim, and then the directions saying something about using the extra loops. I don't know what that means. What extra loops? Where?

:think

I don't remember anything about extra loops. I remember front loops only. Is that where it is?

Melissa - I'm still having trouble with my tummy...and going for an endoscope (down my throat) on Tues. Boy do I dread it, but they tell me I'll be asleep and won't feel a thing. (GOOD!!) My appointment isn't 'til 11:45 so I'm sure I'll be fit to be tied that morning. I might take a relaxer before I go, but I'll check with them the day before to make sure it's okay to do that. Thanks a lot for checking on me.

I'm sorry to hear so many of those in our group are not doing well. Seems to be the season for sickness and general not feeling wellness. I'm still way behind on my hat's, but only have one more project that I need to finish up before I can re-focus on this CAL.

Hugs and best wishes to all!

Melissa - I'm still having trouble with my tummy...and going for an endoscope (down my throat) on Tues. Boy do I dread it, but they tell me I'll be asleep and won't feel a thing. (GOOD!!) My appointment isn't 'til 11:45 so I'm sure I'll be fit to be tied that morning. I might take a relaxer before I go, but I'll check with them the day before to make sure it's okay to do that. Thanks a lot for checking on me.
I will be praying that you will have a peace about the procedure and that it will go well. What time zone are you in?

Archived