Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

OLGA -

Sometimes you make me bust a gut with your expressions ! What hoot you are !

I don't mean to laugh if you are having trouble getting this pattern right, but you are HILARIOUS !!!

Just try fiddling with it a little. I can't tell real well from the photos, but it looks a little like you don't have enough stitches on the last few rounds.. they look a little tighter than the previous few rounds did .

I think we will ask Celeste about this as far as comments go, too. She is one of the finest crocheters I have seen on these boards. Her and Sue do some really stunning things.. their stitches are always so nice and neat and perfect looking, so we can use her as a good helper here .

Celeste, I know you're not as far on the pattern as a few of the other ladies, but do you find it coming out to the exact numbers of stitches they say it will on every round ? Mine sure didn't. After awhile, I just kinda kept on making the pattern repeats the way they said to, but not worrying quite as much with the counts . What do you think so far ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol Naaa it's ok Julie...that what we are here for.....to have a good time....I crack up at myself sometimes cause after a while I figure whatever it is out ...i say...."dang was that all" lol....i'm glad I could make you giggle..my hubby and brothers say I should have been a comidiean....:think ...I know thats not even close to being spelled right but you know what I meant.lol:hook

I think we will ask Celeste about this as far as comments go, too. She is one of the finest crocheters I have seen on these boards. Her and Sue do some really stunning things.. their stitches are always so nice and neat and perfect looking, so we can use her as a good helper here .

Celeste, I know you're not as far on the pattern as a few of the other ladies, but do you find it coming out to the exact numbers of stitches they say it will on every round ? Mine sure didn't. After awhile, I just kinda kept on making the pattern repeats the way they said to, but not worrying quite as much with the counts . What do you think so far ?

Thank you Julie! You're too kind -- and awfully modest, you afghan machine you! Yes, my rows (through 30, where I am now) are coming out to exact count. The pattern is counting every stitch across a side, plus the sc that begins and ends the corner on that side (make sense? I just woke up!) I DO think that it's either the corners or a wrong count that's making Olga's crooked -- it almost looks as if one side has more/less than the others, but if not, it really could just be the corners. It probably won't have to be frogged if that's the case, it would just take a good chunk of time to go around and stretch out / realign each corner. That's what I've been doing as I work each row. Washing it will probably help to get that last bit of crookedness straightened out, too -- remember our 63 Squares? Mine looked so much better after washing!:manyheart

Ok ..THERE I DID IT!:bang:thair I CROAKED THE THING FROM ROW 43 DOWN TO ROW 19!!! Now I just have to act as if I was never there and keep going as if nothing ever happened, I won't even waste my time trying to find the error....I think it's easier if I just :2frog it and get it over with.:lol Well....here we go again...wish me luck this 500th time around.:hook

Ok ..THERE I DID IT!:bang:thair I CROAKED THE THING FROM ROW 43 DOWN TO ROW 19!!! Now I just have to act as if I was never there and keep going as if nothing ever happened, I won't even waste my time trying to find the error....I think it's easier if I just :2frog it and get it over with.:lol Well....here we go again...wish me luck this 500th time around.:hook

bless your heart. You needed this hat to wear while doing all that ribbiting.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1312356&uid=491324:eek:lol

Lisaizme I love the white hat....I've never worn hats before but thats one I think I can deal with.

Juliekay I got that from my mother ..Bless her heart.That is one of the many good things she taught me.Patience! She was a very patient lady, but,everything has a limit and I think i'm just about reaching mine..lol:hook

I have been coming up with the right stitch count so far.

And irikel...she meant the frog hat. You have to scroll down on the left side or wait for it to come up on the right side. It is ADORABLE!!!

Is there a pattern for that hat? I'd LOVE to make it!!:lol

Thanks Nancy....my bad!:lol:cheer and you are one lucky crocheter!

lol lol...I found it and it sure is cute....lol:hook

I have been coming up with the right stitch count so far.

And irikel...she meant the frog hat. You have to scroll down on the left side or wait for it to come up on the right side. It is ADORABLE!!!

Is there a pattern for that hat? I'd LOVE to make it!!:lol

Hello and goodmorning ladies all my l/b friends....lol..I am off to a brand new start to see if I can finally get on my way..well , I didn't start off too good because yesterday I :frog ed from row 43 to row 19 ....Well today I went from 19 to # 4 because I noticed that my corners were not even.Where it starts to turn square...the right hand side(no matter how I turned it) was always higher. I had a perfect stitch count on all my rows but thats what I noticed so , here I go to a brand new start.....:hyper and thanks to all of you who have cheered me on , that most of all has kept me from not continuing but..it all comes down to what happens now so, I will let you know what happens...I just hope I get it this time cause I really like this one.Have a nice day, see you guys around a little later . :hook

Olga, you do have a ton of patience! But, you know, it will all be worth it when you see the finished product, right? That is what you have to keep in mind!

Celeste, great pic! And an awesome start! You are fast!

I am now on row 63 and plugging away! I swear if I ever get around to figuring out how the whole pic thing works I will post one!

Hi Stacey....yeap ..that is exactly why I am trying to keep my sanity because I really want this afghan and I know it is gonna all be worth the trouble....if I kept my head on while doing that cross stitch a Taz, after I made a huge s c blanket....I think I can do it again.The look on my sons face when I gave it to him was worth it .:hook

Hi Everyone,

I love seeing all these beautiful afghans. Even though I haven't started this one yet, I thought I'd check in. I do plan to start soon.

I love the way the purple and black look together on your afghan, Celeste (plus the little fur ball - what a cutie!) :cat

My niece is really into Indian (Asian) patterns and keeps mentioning purple, black, and gold. I thought I'd try that kind of color combination with this afghan, but I have yet to find the time to go through my stash. (I have vowed to use up as much of the stash as possible before buying too much new yarn.) I hope to start soon.

Olga - your patience is amazing. I am lucky to have seen the advice about stitch counts before I start. Maybe that way I will be a little less likely to mess up.:)

This is really cute Julie, you have a way with words!! Made me smile

HAPPY NEW YEAR , Let's have a beer !

No, ,we can't do that here ......

What was I trying to think

Besides , I don't even drink ! :ccompute

Get out those patterns, yarn and hooks

What, you don't have the book ? :eek

Email me and I'll try to help you

If you don't have the pattern, what are you going to do ? :think

We are all working together to make a beautiful thing

Just think what joy that is going to bring :jumpyay

Whether it's for your friend, relative or just for you

It'll be worth all the work you have to do . :whew

So let's get started, friends, today is the day

Get those hooks flying and make some headway ! :knit

Love the purples in that afghan. And the kitty too. Mind you, it's not just cats that do that. My mini schnauzer (her name is Lucy) thinks that everything crocheted that I make is hers. I'm so glad that she doesn't shed or put off dander as she gets to 'test' out everything I make! :lol

HI Guys

Just a quick ckeck in -- gotta put groceries away .

Olga- I have thought long and hard about your afghan being lopsided . Your hook is bent .

Give it a look and see if I'm right ! Or maybe one of the legs fell out from under your couch and you are sitting at an angle . There's gotta be some reason for that . I'll see if I can think of any others .

You have more patience than I do, I would have tossed it !

HI Guys

Just a quick ckeck in -- gotta put groceries away .

Olga- I have thought long and hard about your afghan being lopsided . your hook is bent .

Give it a look and see if I'm right ! Or maybe one ofthe legs fell out from under your couch and you are sitting at an angle . Thre's gotta be some reason for that . I'll see if I can think of any others .

You have more patience than I do, i would have tossed it !

Julie, I am ROFLMBO!! Oh my goodness! :neener

LOL....ok Julie ...I'm glad we can find the funny part to this...My hook is checked and double checked..lol....the legs on the couch are not crooked....:lol and I don't drink so... :party I don't know what else to look for .I'm on it again and so far it's going good....I just hope I don't have to :frog it again ,because if I do I will self proclaim myself as the :queen of :froging and I will discontinue trying this....lol:hook

Archived