Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Julie, you have GOT to tell me what Mad Dog is! One of my brothers nickname in the music industry is Mad Dog Malone! hahaha Btw...he's not a drinker of alcohol, so it will be interesting to see if this includes that...:eek

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My old pal from Wannabees !

Sure you can sign up. And yep, I'm just about as bad an influence as a big jug of Mad Dog to a thirsty man .

I think any combo you wanna use would work out fine. I'd go with at least 2 colors to get the full affects of the changing pattern. The colors you named sound really pretty ! Can't wait to have you join us -- it's good to have you back with some of the old gang and a whole new gang of really nice ladies !

I've sure hit the Jackpot with these crochetalongs and met an awful lot of nice people . :manyheart

Yay! I missed you too much anyhow! Hello all! :hi

Hey Nancy

Well, I am not a drinker myself . All I know is that is is just about the cheapest form of alcohol you can buy and pretty nasty tasting stuff. Ever hear of ROT GUT ? I think that might be the same thing. Maybe someone else on here is a little bit more educated on the drinking scene than I am. The strongest drink I have is Coke !

Hahaha The strongest thing I drink is Diet Caffeine free Pepsi. My best friend (who's a coffee/caffeine addict) says that I'm just drinking brown bubbly water. hahaha But, I grew up on it, so it's what I am used to.

Very pretty, Celeste !

Wow, are you a whiz or what ?

One post, you wanna sign up, the next you have the afghan half done ~~ :lol

I like those colors a lot ! Is this for someone special or for you ?

Yea, those rows start to slow down after awhile. It was taking me half an hour or longer at the end to get a round done !

I haven't been working on either afghan. I made a navajo sweater coat for me. thenn my husband want me to make one for his mother. so that want i been working I can't wait to get back to my agfghan. I had :2frog the whole thing and start over. Now I just have to finish the sleeves then I will be through with it.

Very pretty, Celeste !

Wow, are you a whiz or what ?

One post, you wanna sign up, the next you have the afghan half done ~~ :lol

I like those colors a lot ! Is this for someone special or for you ?

Yea, those rows start to slow down after awhile. It was taking me half an hour or longer at the end to get a round done !

I think I'm going to work it up for my Great Aunt Maxine, who lives out in OK. That is, if I don't fall in love with it first!

Crystal

I have seen that pattern online for the navajo jackets and thought they were so pretty. At one time I was gonna make one, but like a lot of my bright ideas, it got sidetracked. I'd love to see photos of the ones you finished. What colors did you use ?

And also, i was a little concerned that it didn't give a size . How did you know how big to make it, and what size would you say it turns out ?

Celeste~

You've got a beautiful start! I'm thinking of doing a second one in those colors too!!

Although I have other projects calling my name too - so I may have to wait??? :(

Okay, I've got a new pic of my progress. I wasn't sure which pic would post better, so I'm doing both.

IMG_9252.jpg

IMG_9251.jpg

Hi Celeste! Nice to see you here! Your colors are so pretty. I'm jealous... haven't started mine yet :(

Julie... love the new Avatar... you sick woman!

Mad Dog is fortified wine and is really gross. Way back when I was in High School, a bunch of people I camped with got some. I tasted it and said NO THANKS... really nasty stuff.

Cristin... yours is coming along very nicely. It is so pretty! Way to go!!! :cheer

Anyhoo... I have to say I really admire any of you who have kids and still have time to crochet. I don't know how I did it when mine were small but somehow I did. I've been taking care of my neices in the evenings so their mom can go to school... I get home from work and cook dinner and now I play with little girls, do homework with them, we take the dogs for a walk, then it's bath time... by the time they go home I'm too pooped to even pick up my hook! I haven't crocheted for days! I'm happy to say the girls are doing great but I have to figure out how to fit in my hooking time!

Cheers! Mare

Ok I know I'm late to the party and I can't start till March, but does anyone have a picture of this afghan completed? I'm more and more intrigued. . . And Hobby Lobby is having a sale on instructional booklets so maybe I need to go pick it up?

Hi Jen - Here's a photo of mine completed -

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/detail?.dir=21a8&.dnm=aa21re2.jpg&.src=ph

and Mare -- I was wondering how long til someone would notice the avatar. I thought it was pretty funny myself !

PS - NOW , tell the truth about the Mad Dog. They had to send someone back to town to get MORE when you got ahold of the jug . :D

Hahaha The strongest thing I drink is Diet Caffeine free Pepsi. My best friend (who's a coffee/caffeine addict) says that I'm just drinking brown bubbly water. hahaha But, I grew up on it, so it's what I am used to.

Julie & Nancy ~ it's nice to know I'm in good company!! :clap

Oh, and your friend is just drinking brown FLAT water. :lol

Crystal

I have seen that pattern online for the navajo jackets and thought they were so pretty. At one time I was gonna make one, but like a lot of my bright ideas, it got sidetracked. I'd love to see photos of the ones you finished. What colors did you use ?

And also, i was a little concerned that it didn't give a size . How did you know how big to make it, and what size would you say it turns out ?

one of the ladies at church had the jacket. she let me borrow it so I could make one. the one I made would fit any adult. the crochet hook I use was a H-8. the one I making my mil is g-6 with two strands of yarn. She like orange. I really like the jacket alot. there was one of the woman at church who had one. I was threating to take it. She told me she let me borrow it for awhile. It only took me three days to make it.

Cristin, your afghan looks beautiful! What row are you on? Oh, and are you the one who posted the question about the ripple pattern on my blog?

Crystal, I'd love to see a photo of the Navajo jacket if you have one. Is the pattern inspired by a particual Navajo design?

I am glad to hear there are people starting late and in the beginning stages. :clap I have my pattern and have actually started the first few rows...I just don't have all my yarn yet, so I am stalled. I was trying to make the colors coordinate a little, and still use my leftover stash. I think I would have done better to just go buy what I want and start from scratch. Matching my stash is killing me!

Hey guys, I'm still here! My yarn should be coming Monday according to UPS, so I should get going again. I'm only on what, row 20 or so, and I am slow as molasses, but I'll get there! You new gals just starting will undoubtedly get done before me! I am also working on the Grandmother's Flower Garden since I don't have much distraction free time except in the evenings. I can make hexagons even while I am helping the big kids with their homeschool assignments. Now if I can just figure out how to teach reading, do dishes, and change diapers while crocheting, I'll get more done!

Cristin, your afghan looks beautiful! What row are you on? Oh, and are you the one who posted the question about the ripple pattern on my blog?

Thank you!! I'm on row 54 or something? I'm doing the sc row after the clusters...

YES!! That was me on your blog! You do beautiful work! :nworthy Yes, I am looking for a ripple for my Mom. I dispise ripples (I can never get the "peaks and valleys" to EVER count the same throughout the pattern -- I ALWAYS mess it up somehow and then I get discouraged) but Mom loves ripples for whatever reason....Gotta give Mom what she wants, right? :lol

Archived