Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

Hi Patty

I know what you mean about pressure to get something done. That makes it not much fun, doesn't it ?

The colors were aran, kind of a chocolate brown , and a tan color .

It would have probably been prettier in brighter colors, but those are the colors my daughter in law likes !

Thanks for the compliments !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Julie,

I am at the bobbles stage. Why are they having you drop the sc row without sl stitching it to the first sc before starting the bobbles? Did you do this or did you just finish off and keep going ?

Thanks! :hug

Hi Nancy-

No , I just finished off that row like the others. I didn't see any reason that you couldn't do it that way. I don't know why they wanted you to drop the other color and start a new one ! Sounded kinda stupid to me, so I just did it like all the other rows !

And I feel like the music to Final Jeopardy is playing as I sit here awaiting the arrival of my yarn so I can just get started!
:lol :lol :lol

Girl, you crack me up!! I can totally imagine it!!!:rofl

julie~ what a GREAT job you did!!! If I vear from the color scheme a pattern calls out I constantly second guess myself -- you did a superb job!! It's beautiful.

Patty in MI~ thanks for the compliment! I'm more into brown tones for home decor (which actually shocks me. But it's easy. Brown goes with everything!)

I'm a little leary of the color I chose for before and after the bobbles (round 38 and 40 I think??) I have a bit of Elizabeth in me! Must be perfect! I'm on round 45 now and I've contemplated(sp?) frogging 7 rounds a MILLION times and re-doing them with a different color. I almost have to sit on my hands to prevent myself from doing it! It's a little out of my comfort zone, but I'm going to commit to randomness for this one. I'm just gonna leave it. Really I am. Really. I will. Really. Seriously.

I am SOOOOOOOO wanting to make another one of these. I may or may not. I have a very busy February and March with about 3 or 4 projects I need to do before then........so I'm still deciding.

It doesn't look like I will be finishing this week. I am on row 44 and going pretty slow. I want to just relax this weekend so I may get some more done. My surgery is monday so I will be out of commission for a few days

happy crocheting :)

Danielle... You'll be on my mind tomorrow.. that your surgery will go exceptionally well.

Hugs, Mare

I 'M DONE ~~~~~

YAHOO !

Here are my photos - they are clickable to see it up closer .

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/album?.dir=/21a8

Go Julie... you did it... now, of course, that means that once again you are leaving me in the dust! But your 'ghan is lovely. I showed my hubby... so he can see what all the yarn that keeps showing up in the mail is for!!! :lol:lol:lol

You did great! Way to go!!!:lol

Happy Monday! I'm happy cause it's a holiday and I'm off work.:lol

I got quite a bit done on the purple/lilac L&B yesterday. The weather was nasty so I didn't bother going out. I sat and crocheted while watching the All In the Family Marathon that was on all weekend. Sometimes I was :rofl so hard that it was difficult counting stitches. Currently I'm on row 43. This one is going much faster than the suede one. I haven't had to do any :froging, yet :D.

Madelyn

good morning all!

I had to leave my L&B at home today..I'm at a point where I *know* i'm gonna run out of the current color I'm using and I'll have to frog it all.....so I'm torturing myself to see how far I can get with it before I actually do run out. LOL stupid, I know.............but I'm anal that way.

I think I'm on rnd 49 now??? it's a sc, ch3 sk next sc pattern.

I'm working on a little boy afghan today at lunch that I haven't quite decided who I'm going to give to yet. new Mom at work or my nephew -- that's a difficult one! Probably new mom at work. :D nephew will have one soon. I'm making him a camo blanket cuz his dad is a big hunter. That'll be fun to do!! Might do it double-strand???

Happy Monday!! I'm also waiting on yarn to finish up my L&B. I thought I'd have enough, but didn't of my lighter color. I'm hoping it will be here tomorrow as I'm going NUTSO not working on it.:loco

I'm cross stitching on a piece for my parents 60th anniv that is in Feb while waiting for the yarn.

Oh yea! I ordered yarn from JoAnn's yesterday for another afghan I'll be making for a wedding in June! Yeeehaw!:manyheart

Hey ladies. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm home. Everything went really well. I had my surgery at 10:30ish and was home by 2:30. I'm in a little bit of pain but nothing too bad. They found 2 adhesians (sp?), DH said they were on the top of my uterus but it kind of feels like they were on my right overy, I was so out of it when I talked to the dr I can't really remember what he said. I'm doing really good though thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully I will get back to crocheting tommarow. This surgery was a lot eassier than when I had my galbladder taken out.

Happy Crocheting

:angry I was outbid on the yarn that I was trying to get... it happened while I was offline over the weekend. Darn, that makes me so mad! Oh well, it's back to the auction block to try again. So far, I have the steel blue, cream, and dijon that I am sure I'm going to use for this. The burgandy multi maybe but I am not going to use the earthy orange or the yellow or the gray. Those I'll save for another project. I'm trying to get red, hunter green and a lighter green to go along with the blue, cream and dijon.

I'm going to be up to my ears in Alpaca! :blush

Hey ladies. I just wanted to let you all know that I'm home. Everything went really well. I had my surgery at 10:30ish and was home by 2:30. I'm in a little bit of pain but nothing too bad. They found 2 adhesians (sp?), DH said they were on the top of my uterus but it kind of feels like they were on my right overy, I was so out of it when I talked to the dr I can't really remember what he said. I'm doing really good though thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully I will get back to crocheting tommarow. This surgery was a lot eassier than when I had my galbladder taken out.

Happy Crocheting

Welcome home and I'm so glad you're doing so well! Take it easy and get pampered and get some of that crocheting done! haha

Big :hug

Hello ladies

Just checking in quick while the grandson is asleep . Sounds like some of you all are stalled with not enough yarn left -- can't have THAT happen . Hope you all get what you orderd soon so you can keep on truckin on this thing . It's a much bigger project than I thought it'd be !

Sounds like several of you have other afghans either in the process or in your minds as next projects. I always have something else floating around in there too ...

Great news that your surgery is over Danielle. I hope you'll soon be feeling top notch again ! :)

Danielle. I'm so happy everything went well for you today. Feel better soon.:ghug

I'm chugging along on the purple/lilac. No chance of me running out on this yarn, I have more than enough to make the afghan big enough to fit my king size bed. I'll post where I'm at later this evening when I'm done for the night.

Madelyn

if I have time to crochet tonight, I'm going to :2frog the last two rows (of the running out color) and use another color in it's place. Which will be very difficult for me because I already feel like it's too broken up -- too many different colors going on. But I will do it.

I'll bring in the "running out" color later when I only have a round (or two) to do. Actually I have two colors I'm low on. :( But I'll figure it out!!

Danielle. I'm so happy everything went well for you today. Feel better soon.:ghug

Same from me. Glad you are done with that!:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Archived