Newly designed sweater plus scarf, hat and Proud Mom Moment

sewcrochet4fun

Hi,

Been crocheting like crazy still...getting in teacher's gifts, stocking stuffers and an itch to design a new pattern.

The first set of pics is a sweater I designed for Emily.

it is a tie front cardigan made up of large Granny Squares and Granny rectangles. I will post the pattern later this week {hopefully}.

Next is not really crochet related but a proud mom moment. Emily wanted to make a scarf, so I bought her a weaving loom to get her used to working with yarn before she starts with the hooks.

Next is a carnival hat I made for Emily. It was a baby pattern I had but I used larger hooks and yarn to get it to her size.

Last is a curly scarf I made up quick. The jacket behind her was a gift...hand crocheted by a friend....it's gorgeous!

Click the pics for larger views.

th_tansweaterback.jpg th_tansweater.jpg th_tansweaterside.jpg

th_emweaving2.jpg th_emweaving.jpg

th_carnivalhatfront.jpg th_carnivalhat.jpg th_curlyscarf.jpg

Wow! I don't know where to start - everything is beautiful. I love the sweater and your model looks beautiful in it. The hat is soooo cute - great colors! And what a dear friend to make such a beautiful jacket. Obviously a lot of time and talent in that! Love the curly scarf too. I was wanting to make one for Christmas, but ran out of time. Still on my to do list!

Thanks everyone!

For the jacket....when I am done with the pattern, you can make one in a size 10...it's more of a schematic than a pattern so anyone can make one...and quick...no matter what size you wear!!

The loom...just a $10 kit from the local craft store {Michaels}....she loves it and went on to make a purse too!

BUT you can make one at home...just make a square or rectangle from 4 pieces of 2x4 wood......nail in nails evenly across the top and bottom parts of the rectangle and you have a loom...that's what we did in Junior High!

As for Emily's hair....thick is an understatement!! LOL

When she was a baby, her hair would grow in, fall out, grow back but brittle, fall out....up until she was 4 years old....then it grew enough to put in tiny pigtails....then one day, I went to take the ponytail elastics out and the whole ponytail came out {right down to the roots}...so off to the Drs. we went. She was diagnosed with a hypothyroid...missing the chemical in her brain that tells the thyroid to produce hormones....hence why her hair was having trouble growing in and staying in.....well, 2 months and a prescription of Synthroid later, her hair started growing in...very thick...in the crown area.

She has only had 2 haircuts in her whole life {she is 7 and a half} and has to double wash with conditioner every day and then use a leave in conditioner because it is so hard to get a brush through.

It is beautiful....especially when she lets me use a hairdryer....but it is the one thing she is the most self-conscious about....it still is very brittle and still falls out on occasion and even gets grey patches at times......that's why I try to make her as many pretty bows as possible, so she can feel comfortable {and cute} in her hair.

Archived