A tamarack hook!

jimbo

Hope i'm not boring you with these, but this tamarack hook i just finished for Kari is about the purtiest wood... Technically its "Western Larch" and is actually a hardwood that disguises itself as a fir but that little secret is betrayed every fall when its needles turn the most beautiful gold. What a sight! And the wood? Oh MY...

th_Karishook001.jpg

that is so beautiful, i assume you sell them? am i correct/ if so how much, that hook looks like it was meant for my hands:lol :lol great job jimbo

Hope i'm not boring you with these, but this tamarack hook i just finished for Kari is about the purtiest wood... Technically its "Western Larch" and is actually a hardwood that disguises itself as a fir but that little secret is betrayed every fall when its needles turn the most beautiful gold. What a sight! And the wood? Oh MY...

th_Karishook001.jpg

that is so beautiful, i assume you sell them? am i correct/ if so how much, that hook looks like it was meant for my hands:lol :lol great job jimbo

Hi Vicki! Tried to email you but the thingie wouldn't let me. Yes i sell my hooks. But i ought not deal here. Please email me and we'll see if I can make you one.

You in Washington? I'm in Spokane.

Thanks for your kind words!

Jimbo

We used to have a tree of that kind. It doesn't surprise me at all that it would make some nice hooks. :)

Tamarack in Denmark?? Now that's interesting. Out here its used mainly for structural lumber and, (cringe) firewood. I had a client once who used it for cabinets. Absolutely beautiful.

Well Kari, there's still a surprise in store. I didn't blow the whole surprise... i didn't show you the other side. Oooo i almost hate to send it off.

Interesting challenge, your pointer finger forward grip. But i got it to at least fit my hand... we'll have to see about yours. Hope you'll like it!

I'm not bored by them, the pics make me want one too :)

they are gorgues :)

I bet there's some really pretty wood in Norway! Spruce, i think grows there, right? I bet the wood is beautiful. And if the winters are long and cold, the branch wood likely has a very tight grain structure. Good crochet hook wood!

Jimbo, great grain on that one. Each one you make is so unique. I really like mine with some of the bark still on.:hook The hair picks are just as great too :day

Jimbo, great grain on that one. Each one you make is so unique. I really like mine with some of the bark still on.:hook The hair picks are just as great too :day

Thanks Beatr... Hay everybody, this is Beatr and she's new here. She's a great friend from up by the ranch! And she's a great crochetier!

Hi Beater, welcome to Crochetville. Any friend of Jimbo's is a friend of ours! :hug

Beatr has a set of these i made for her up on the crick..

I make them from the most figured wood i can find. In the case of the dark ones, the wood is cedar, taken from an ancient fire blackened stump up by the cabin site.

th_3ad07e55.jpg

And yes i've gone to the dark side and sold some.... for sizable contributions to the Deadmancrick Building fund.

Beatr has a set of these i made for her up on the crick..

I make them from the most figured wood i can find. In the case of the dark ones, the wood is cedar, taken from an ancient fire blackened stump up by the cabin site.

th_3ad07e55.jpg

And yes i've gone to the dark side and sold some.... for sizable contributions to the Deadmancrick Building fund.

:drool :drool :drool :drool

*wipes the drool off*

Nice. very nice

Archived