Cool Crochet

tropicallie

Well, I was kinda moping around the house tonight looking thru old crochet mags and books for a pattern to go with some yarn I just bought. After about an hour of of looking and not finding anything, DH said he thought I should open one of my presents early. (HUH? This never happens!) Well, I opened it up and there was Cool Crochet!! Now I never even asked for this but he was with me in Michael's not too long ago and I was flipping thru the book and showing him all the nice patterns in there. He says he went back the next day and bought it for me. The sneak! And to everyone who recommended this book - you all were absolutely right. It's a fabulous book with versatile patterns. Can't wait to get started!

You're so lucky! I've had that book for 2 months now, and it's worth every penny! The geometric sweater made with TLC Amore is my favorite and I can't wait to make it.......Ah well after the holidays!

• 4 months later...

How sweet. And I LOVE this book. It's my favorite pattern book right now. I love the layout, how pics of all the designs are in the table of contents and you can go from there directly to the page that has the instructions. I love the full page shots of the clothes. close up shots of the stitches, and usually there is another photo of the back or side or some other detail. And I love how everything has a schematic. Just a very well-done book. Have to start soon.

I have that book, too. I haven't gotten around to making any of the things yet (too many crochet projects, too little time...), but I have made a Melissa Leapman sweater from one of her crochet sweater books and her directions were perfect. The sweater turned out beautifully.

I got this book a couple of months ago. There is such a wide choice of sweaters to make... but to start off I've decided to make the sleeveless striped top. I found out that the maker of the yarn (Ornaghi Filati) specified is incorrect: it should be Garnstudio. Now I've found their website and will be ordering what looks like a very soft cotton from them... I can't wait to get started, because there are so many delicious patterns in there that I want to make!

Has anyone taken pictures of stuff they made from "Cool Crochet"? I would :bheart to see them!!

OH, that is so thoughtful! He paid attention to what you were looking at, went back and got it, and then was paying attention that you were 'moping around' and gave you the present early! What a sweetheart! :hug

And that is an awesome book! I have it, too, and really love the patterns! Have FUN:yay

Archived