Baby blanket crochet-along

kagome4

I have'nt posted here since i joined :eek ...i got a digital cam today, here's my Bubbles blanket so far, sry the pic is so big don't know how to make it smaller. It looks off wheight but it's a baby yellow color

bubblesblanket001.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this and decided I must make one too! I have started one in a light purple and a dusty rose color. It looks great. It is crocheting really fast. I think I will be done with it maybe today, but definetly tommorrow. Then I can start another one!:devil We have a bunch of baby showers coming up at church. So I will be ready!:D Becky

bubblesdone_2.jpg

bubblesdone_1.jpg

That was so easy and so fun to do. I completed the one I was making. It was for a project the crochet/knit group I am in was doing. It is not really that wonky in person, it was just hard to get it even for the picture, you know blankets don't always behave for pictures. ;) I added 4 rows around it because even after adding 9 stitches to the total it still didn't feel big enough. And since the pattern is set to go one direction and then the other in the next row, I did the same thing on the way around, slipping to join each row.

I started this blanket last week, using Wendy Darling chenille yarn. It is soooo soft, and drapes beautifully! I'm about halfway done with it, I'll have to pick up about 3 more balls to finish.

I just wanted to peek and say this pattern is so easy! I love it. I have 2 more baby blankets to make, and I'm definitely going to use this pattern for all of them. :clap

Cindy

Wow love the colors you used for your baby crochet along.. :c9:manyheart

I have been busy with a few shrugs and scrafs... but... as soon as I finish this shrug I am working on for my dd I will have to try that pattern..

Love the texture and I am forever crocheting baby gifts here.:manyheart

Busy church we attend.. actually all the young persons who grew up with my dds are having their familes so I have wanted these new parents grow up.. Mine are still single so no grandhoppers here yet.. I will wait...

:manyheart:hook

Ok, I've never made a baby blanket or any kind of blanket before, so I"m kind of lost. How do I know when it's big enough? What are the normal measurements for this kind of thing? :think

I've heard 3' x 4' for baby blankets, but I think it depends on the size you prefer.

I didn't make it in time for the shower, but I did finally finish it:

SusieSmall.jpg

You can click on the image to see a more up close look. It turned out very soft and the lady I made it for LOVES it!

Archived