I got my free yarn today

I got Mr. Brown this week, too! I can't even remember how long ago I requested it. I thought it was coming from Bernat, so I was surprised to see a Mary Maxim envelope. When I reached in the envelope, it felt like sticky plastic garland. A strand by itself feels ok, but did anybody else think the whole skein felt weird? Maybe it's just me.:blush

I also had the same reaction when I touch it at Walmart.It didn't feel like yarn

It felt like the decorations you put outside,really stiff. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought, it felt weird.:eek

I got Mr. Brown this week, too! I can't even remember how long ago I requested it. I thought it was coming from Bernat, so I was surprised to see a Mary Maxim envelope. When I reached in the envelope, it felt like sticky plastic garland. A strand by itself feels ok, but did anybody else think the whole skein felt weird? Maybe it's just me.:blush

okay did I miss something . who is giving away free yarn and how do I get mine ????????:bounce

Go to this thread for the link to sign up, should be on the first post.

Do be prepared to wait a while before you get it, though. Seems like, for most, it's taking anywhere from 8 weeks to 3 months before arriving in their mailbox.

Some clever individuals also signed up family members and friends in order to get more than one ball of the yarn.

I'm trying to remember when this offer expires, seem to recall a date in January?

HTH. Enjoy your free yarn!

I agree, it isn't the softest stuff around. I'd say it's more suitable for trimmings, might be good for purses and ornaments, stuff like that. Some folks have made some nice scarves combining it with other yarns, or it would be okay as a trim on a poncho. I don't think I'd want a whole scarf made from just this, though.

Well folks, I think they have forgotton us up here in Canada!

Has anyone in Ontario or any of Canada received theirs yet? I have not!

June

I just got mine yesterday, I got the brown and it came from Mary Maxim...yahoo :clap I love the color brown better than the teal they sent out to the first bunch :hook

Archived