needle felting

crochetdiva

Welcome Laura. :bounce The duck is adorable. Once a person learns to do it I guess the possibilities are endless. Originally when I wanted to do this I had intended on crocheting victorian dresses and making a felted bear to fit the clothes. I have since purchased the calendar bed doll patterns for 11 1/2 inch dolls. Now I just have to make the bear.

But now I want to make little ponchos like Heather said.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really into this now! I spent my lunch hour on ebay where I purchased a book and a sample pack of rovings for like 30.00 total. I hate it when I get into something new because I go whole hog! :pig

Laura

Ok, now I feel guilty for starting all this. Well, just a little.:bad

I am going to work on the bear I am making (my own design) on the weekend and hope to have pics to post by Monday. I don't know how to connect the parts if they are going to be jointed. So I might just take pics of the parts.

There are some incredible needle felters out there!!!I love looking at all their work.

Yep, the lavender bear pattern is supposed to be jointed, and comes with dental floss to attach the parts. I can't quite figure out how to do it without instructions. I have sewn jointed bears before, but they had cotter pins. It will be interesting to see the proper instructions.

You will probably get the kit before I do, since I live out of the country.

:ducky :ducky :ducky

I hear you Rebecca, I ordered mine on the 16th, but I know it always takes 10 days or more to get up here. Still, it is hard waiting .

Of course I should be working on the one I have.....:rolleyes

I am just as inpatient as y'all. I want it now!! I only ordered mine on the 20th. Everyday I race to the mailbox, even thought I know it is too early. Oh well I shall sit and wait.

Laura

Rebecca, that is such a shame, how dissapointing :( . Hopefully they will straighten it out and send you everything ASAP. I also received my kit too. I looked over the directions last night and got a little nervous but I am sure it will be fine. Hope you get it all worked out.

Laura

Oh No, Rebecca!!! How horrible!! I hope they get it figured out right away. They should offer you something extra. I on the other hand have still not received mine, and I ordered it first.

Not to worry tho, cos I worked on my own design last night and it is coming along great. I have the head, body, and one leg finished. I will post pics later. It is so much fun it should be illegal.:rotfl

I have three new wounds....seriously tho, they only hurt for a second, but you have to be careful not to bleed on the wool. I can't wait to see all of your bears. And I will keep my :fc for you Rebecca.

:ducky :ducky :ducky :sheep :ducky

:( I'm not sure I understand what needle felting is. Can someone explain it to me? :D!

Archived