needle felting

crochetdiva

Has anyone made a teddybear with needle felting? I first saw these adorable bears over a year ago in a Teddy bear Magazine. But I have been too busy (sewing for my daughter's wedding, Christmas, etc) to make one. Now I am going to take a stab (lol) at it.:rotfl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen patterns for sale on eBay. Just search for needle felted teddy bears. The patterns are expensive though. I might break down and buy a kit. My sister sent me some rovings and felting needles, so I will try it soon. They also use a high density foam pad, I assume so that you don't bleed to death from the holes in your fingers.

:sheep :ducky :sheep

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifYou can use a folded towel for a pad, too. You will get a finger once and awhile and it does hurt. Generally, like most accidents it happens from not paying attention! ;)

You can also needle felt with wool yarn. Roll it into a ball, secure the end and felt away. Verigated wool yarns make great balls, bases for toys, etc. You can also needle felt motifs to a fulled bag or slippers. It's a great way of attaching wool to wool.... :D

I ordered the kit off of eBay. Just type in "needle felted bears." My sister sent me some rovings and felting needles so I had a go last night. It is TOO MUCH FUN!!! I couldn't put it down, so I didn't get to bed until 2:00 a.m. I pricked my fingers a few times OUCH. But it is so much fun. I can't wait to get proper instructions, and dye some of the wool,

:sheep :ducky :sheep

Aaahhh, you caught the bug. Let me know when your kit comes. I ordered mine just the other day. We can see how each other is doing. My husband says I should wear metal gloves...do they make such a thing? Actually a thimble on a few of my fingers would do the trick. It was only when I got poking too quickly that I stabbed myself.:ducky :ducky :ducky

:bounce Hi Heather, you should join us. I am also making a miniature bear out of some thin chenille I "reclaimed". I want to make a thread bear too. Actually threadbears are one of the things that attracted me to crocheting...and I haven't even made one yet.

I have already finished the head on the felted bear (not the one from ebay) I might post a pic of my progress.

Andrea

Well actually this past weekend I thought I would make a thread bear out of a pattern I make 8" bears. She has a head, body and two legs right now. I love the size of her but she is rounder than I like my bears, that is why I like the ebay ones. I have not worked on her this week, but hope to finish her this weekend. I even thought about making her a poncho too!

I will post pics when I finish her, here is a pic of the 8" bear.

Oh no, you ladies have started a bad thing here. I just ordered the duck kit and the lavendar/lilac bear kit from livingfelt. I cannot wait for them to get here so I can get started. This is so bad! :yes

Laura

Archived