A Bunch of Scarves

deneen

I have been working on scarves lately for Christmas presents.

the burgundy one is a spiral scarf pattern from Fuzzy Galore. I did the initial chain to 100 instead of 80 and used Amore in Garnet and a thin, thin boucle thread held together.

The purple one is done in Plymouth Encore and I used Kathy's Winsome scarf pattern (link under pattern links), but made is less wide and sewed it together for a keyhole scarf

The blue/black one is from BH & G Simply Creative Crochet (the latest issue) and is the Shelly Scarf done with yarn from Three Olive Martini and an M hook.

The multi color one is done in a V-stitch pattern with Filatura Di Crossi Ad Hoc Yarn (which is a bulky mohair/wool/acrylic blend). I made this one long enough to wrap around European style.

There is also a close up of this yarn.

th_DSC01459.jpg

th_DSC01457.jpg

th_DSC01456.jpg

These look great! I especially like the multi-coloured one at the top. You do good work!

I'm doin' lots of scarves for the holiday, too. I have left to do one "manly" scarf in a ww yarn, and 5 mohair-blend scarves for some female friends and family members. As well as the ripple blanket I'm making for my son, which I'd *hoped* to have done by next week, but have recently told him may end up being done by Christmas.

(Ack. Submitted my reply before I finished writing it -- sorry, too many drugs today. :sick )

At any rate, wanted to let you know I like your scarves. :heart Wishin' I were as far along as you are... I think I'm a sloooow stitcher. :lol

Lene'

Archived