Granny Squares and Chat along

Can anyone tell me what happened to the original Granny Squares?  I was looking for it earlier and thought it was just me, but now I realize it has made a disapparing act.  WHERE is it?

Also if we have to make a new thread what should we call it?

All of you in the path of Francine, be careful.  It looks like it is a big storm in size.

I asked Donna about the other thread, maybe it is just me.

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 1

Hi Mary Jo,

It isn't your imagination, I looked for it myself.

How about calling it just Granny Chat

Edited by Lacycrochet

Feels like some serious deja vu going on here!  Now you see it now you dont.  Is the universe trying to tell me something--- like I am losing it and heading for the memory care unit.

I am sad for all the threads that have disappeared.  I hate that the ones about all the totes are gone.  I liked being able to take trips down memory lane and reading the stories that went with them.

• Like 1

I found the totes, actually they changed the name of the group it is in to Give and Receive.  I know they are old, but that is my last link to John on here.  I found his list in the first thread in Give.

I thought I was going crazy yesterday.

Well, the sun is up, I am up early and off to who knows what.  Each day is becoming an adventure.

Have a fun day today

• Like 2

Good morning! I’m at the older son’s dog sitting. It started raining early this morning but not a lot of wind yet. It’s been raining longer and windier at home but still not excessive. Fingers crossed that the power stays on. I went out yesterday and got Chinese and ice cream so there are leftovers. I’ve gotten started on a scarf for Christmas and watched a couple of movies. Same game plan for today.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

Take care Mona.  You were the first one I thought of when I saw the storm.  Snuck up on us with very little talking, of coures you have to be on the news to see it.

Be careful and I also hope your lights and stuff stay on.

Hugs,

Well just got back from a very well attended Town Hall meeting.  Never seen so many in attendance.  Guess that is what happens when news gets leaked they are making major changes to tv service in the Village.  Dont mess with old people's tv!  

Mona hope you are making it ok.  Its been dry here too.  Because we used to keep bees I have noticed that a dry Sept does not bode well for spring flowers.  

• Haha 2

Along with other things.  Everytime they change something I tell them it is not nice to mess with old people.

Getting ready to sit and watch the Thurs. game on Prime.  Miami and Buffalo.  Should be interesting.  Last week they pulled over on the the Dolphin players on his way to the game.  He got 2 speeding tickets and something else.  He gave the cops a hard time so they brought him out of the car by his arm. Put him on the ground and handcuffed him.  NOW this player wants the cops fired.  It was Tyreek Hill.  These guys think just because of who they are, they can do what they want. They did put the cops on administrative leave.  That is so wrong.

So we got a couple of rain drops tonight, maybe we will get more later.

Tomorrow, I get my hair cut and Hospice is coming to collect their stuff.  Another fun day.  Once they all leave, I can get at more stuff in the back.

Have a fun night.  Hugs to all.

• Like 1

Glad to see the Ville back, probably some up grade or something.  Still no word from Donna.

Yes, it is ashame that we lost the old thread.  A lot of info on friends and such on there.  Maybe if I hear, we can find it again.

Well, cloudy, looking at rain.  I was out at 8 this morning to go to Home depot and Lowes, to beat all the weekend handymen.  Could not find what I was looking for, so on the hunt I go again for ceiling fan blades.

Nothing else going on in my life right now.  Taking the weekend off from cleaning out rooms and drawers.

Hugs and Happy Thoughts.

Donna contacted me and said she got the Ville up as soon as she knew it was down.  

She is now an emptynester and hopes to take care of the Ville better.

It is Sunday, lots of clouds, but no rain, in fact it is suppose to be dry all week.  Don't make me turn the sprinklers on.

Football today and not much else.

Have a fun day everyone.

• Like 1

It's been a long day. Got packed up at older DS's, drove home in the rain and got here in time to keep 4 grands while the 5th went to fiddle lessons. DS had headed to AL for work this week. So unpacking and washing clothes will have to wait until tomorrow. It was a pleasant stay except for the rain all week. The dog has never been any trouble, but sometimes has to be let out in the middle of the night. The friend I hoped to visit with was having a health issue so we didn't meet up. I went out a couple of times for take-out and just watched some movies, crocheted some and relaxed.

Back to same old, same old tomorrow.

Sounds like a nice visit Mona even ifyou did not get to meet your friend. I hope she feels better soon.

Monday I am out running again.  I am looking for blades for my ceiling fans.  I am like a fish out of water with these man jobs. lol

Just wanted to touch base. I did a week in the hospital with A-Fib, a bad bout of cellulitis in my left leg but I'm on the mend with a gazillion medications. It's taken a toll physically and mentally on me so I'm not up to sitting at the computer for long. I'll try to get back here more as I heal.

I hope and pray everyone is well and crocheting away. I'll be happy when I can get back to the hook and yarn myself. 

Big Hugs to All!

• Like 3

Mona take care of yourself.  We are like vintage cars and have higher maintenance than the younger ones. :rofl

Waiting for the door man to come and measure my door and give me a quote.  One today and one tomorrow.

My neighbor is coming over to be with me.  I only asked because it is getting late, and this is the first time someone other than family will be in the house.  This is going to be a big dicision.  One decision is being taken out of my hands.  The state of Florida requires Hurricane strength doors.  Should be fun.

Well, they are here, have fun.

• Like 1

Reni, hope you get your strength back soon and are feeling better!

Mary Jo, you have been getting so much done. I'm really impressed. So does a hurricane strength door mean you might lose your roof but your door will still be standing? Sorry, that's not funny, but it brought to mind the tornado pictures of the house gone and some item still just sitting there.

I crashed for some reason late yesterday afternoon. Slept for several hours and didn't even hear my phone. Of course, then I couldn't get to sleep until midnight, but I woke up feeling pretty refreshed, so that's good anyway.

I'm headed out this morning to get a haircut and make a walmart run. So it's time to dump the cat out of my lap, eat breakfast and get the day started.

Take care of yourselves!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Reni, hope you get your strength back soon and are feeling better!

Mary Jo, you have been getting so much done. I'm really impressed. So does a hurricane strength door mean you might lose your roof but your door will still be standing? Sorry, that's not funny, but it brought to mind the tornado pictures of the house gone and some item still just sitting there.

I crashed for some reason late yesterday afternoon. Slept for several hours and didn't even hear my phone. Of course, then I couldn't get to sleep until midnight, but I woke up feeling pretty refreshed, so that's good anyway.

I'm headed out this morning to get a haircut and make a walmart run. So it's time to dump the cat out of my lap, eat breakfast and get the day started.

Take care of yourselves!

That is pretty funny about the door.  Actually when I got my roof done a few years ago, they added straps to help keep the roof on.  If I ever have to replace my garage, it will be hurricane.  So it will be the doors that will keep the roof on. I know when i see the pictures of the tornadoes, it amazes me what stays standing.

Beautiful day today.  Sun is out, the windows are not fogged up, so it is not to humid.  Might get rain tonight.

Good luck with your running today Mona.