Granny square crop top with sleeves

suesaw

Question

My sister saw this online and wants me to make it for her. I would buy the pattern if I could find it. It looks simple, but I am not great at sizing garments. Has anyone made this top or do you have the basic measurements? 
Thanks in advance! IMG_7156.thumb.jpeg.ac5aa6128b7149644add7dfa44cb24ae.jpegIMG_7155.thumb.jpeg.17da84838bbc04d6ec3f969ac0e09ed1.jpeg 

9 answers to this question

I agree this looks simple if one knows how to make a granny square.  Is your sister 'handy' to measure?

If I were making this for me, I'd take a T-shirt or a  top that fit, draw an outline sketch, and then take measurements to draw a rough schematic.  Have your sister measure one of her garments, draw a rough schematic and tell you what measurements they should be. 

(I think) Lion Brand patterns often have schematics...

Yes I have made granny square items of all sizes. I was not sure if the sleeves tapered or the part that goes around the torso was shaped. 
I will check Lion Brand. I did make one of their granny stitch ponchos! thank you! 

Yes it basically looks like 2 squares and a rectangle. I will probably try to tackle it. And I can probably count the roles. Looks like they might have used an H or I hook.

The top is sold ready made through an Etsy shop. You might consider writing the shop owner and asking to purchase a copy of her pattern.

Groovy, as they used to say in the 70's :lol . I remember something like that. As I recall, the sleeves were squares folded over and partially sewn. The rest was attached to the squares and worked in rounds. I think they had a square neckline, not a V neck though. It looks easy enough to copy. Good luck.

Ellie 13