2024 What's On Your Hook? Share your WIPs.

The dress turned out very cute. I took a look at the Lilla Doily and it is going to be beautiful on a dining table. The photos are deceiving and makes it look like the doily would be larger than 11 inches. Have you decided on a color yet?

Edited by ReniC
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ReniC said:

The dress turned out very cute. I took a look at the Lilla Doily and it is going to be beautiful on a dining table. The photos are deceiving and makes it look like the doily would be larger than 11 inches. Have you decided on a color yet?

If I have enough, golden yellow.  My summer table has artificial sunflowers as a centerpiece.

Edited by NCcountrygal
add comma

Dress looks cute

I am currently still just doing quick projects here are a few more...the goal over the next few weeks is to find all probably over 150 projects like these need a new home & out of my house...

20240618_052015.jpg

20240618_051532.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

I’ve started on Bellacrochet Pinwheel doily. I didn’t have any red, white and blue ombre so red, white and blue solid it is in perle 5/2 and 1.65 mm hook.  🙂

That's going to be so pretty in the three colors. I look forward to seeing it. I made this pattern some years ago in Christmas colors and it got adopted by a friend that loved it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ReniC said:

That's going to be so pretty in the three colors. I look forward to seeing it. I made this pattern some years ago in Christmas colors and it got adopted by a friend that loved it.

Seeing how nice the solid is working up, I can imagine how pretty the Christmas colors turned out.  3 more rows an it’ll be done. Not sure how to get the pinwheel section to lay like pictured. Have I done something wrong?

00115BA9-3EEF-43D9-966E-54EA4EC2FC81.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Seeing how nice the solid is working up, I can imagine how pretty the Christmas colors turned out.  3 more rows an it’ll be done. Not sure how to get the pinwheel section to lay like pictured. Have I done something wrong?

It's looking great!

My DH cut a wood dowel for me in 3" long pieces and after I starched the doily, I wrapped the "petals" around the wood until it dried. The remainder I blocked on my blocking board. Another option, if you'll notice Bella Crochet's site, she has a photo of one (leaf green with multi colors) made by a Jolene Ortiz. She did not roll the petals and it looks very pretty.

27 minutes ago, ReniC said:

It's looking great!

My DH cut a wood dowel for me in 3" long pieces and after I starched the doily, I wrapped the "petals" around the wood until it dried. The remainder I blocked on my blocking board. Another option, if you'll notice Bella Crochet's site, she has a photo of one (leaf green with multi colors) made by a Jolene Ortiz. She did not roll the petals and it looks very pretty.

I did go to her blog to see if there were addl. photos.  Well 3rd time was the charm, it finally clicked with my brain and looking like the photo now.  I did see Jolene's I didn't notice her pinwheel was different.  I'll look again and see if I notice it the next time I take a looksie.

That sounds really unique with the dowels kinda like hair curlers.  lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

I did go to her blog to see if there were addl. photos.  Well 3rd time was the charm, it finally clicked with my brain and looking like the photo now.  I did see Jolene's I didn't notice her pinwheel was different.  I'll look again and see if I notice it the next time I take a looksie.

That sounds really unique with the dowels kinda like hair curlers.  lol

Hair curlers would probably work! Check out the Dollar store!

• Haha 1

Looking good ambiekraftsreads! You'll stay warm this winter with this one.

Still working on small projects today was figet keychains time to whip up 30 minutes. After showing my daughter she suggested the shorter version would probably be best for figetting with..Just using up craft supplies around the house...

20240624_183338.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 3

Great idea Jayashiangel. They remind me of prayer beads. Nice!

WIP Starflower doily. Frogged 1 rnd for errors. Added 2 more rnds. Completed 24 rounds so far.

PS- I hope it looks better after I block it!

Starflower.thumb.jpg.16322db5b268290b0f1682049198c182.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 4

Scatter brained today.  Panels completed on the Tee and setting aside because sewing together is next and edging trim last. 

Pulled out my "Under the Sea CAL" pieces.  Finished the crab and sewing it on the square.  Will look for the others and try to get them on their squares.  I have the whale pattern for July. not started

I have the Octopus which was May, not started.  Not sure if I have June's pattern... geez, get behind and starts to feel overwhelming to a CAL I thought would be easy to keep up with. 🤪

• Like 2

On 6/27/2024 at 8:14 PM, ReniC said:

WIP Starflower doily. Frogged 1 rnd for errors. Added 2 more rnds. Completed 24 rounds so far.

PS- I hope it looks better after I block it!

Starflower.thumb.jpg.16322db5b268290b0f1682049198c182.jpg

Re "frogging".  If you could somehow compensate for the error in the next row, and no one (but you) could even notice that something isn't quite right, would you just keep on going?  I try to correct a mistake in the next row or round if it is not a severe error which makes it impossible to continue.  Just asking!  

• Like 1