Peaches n Creme vs Sugar n Cream

greyhoundgrandma

I had thought that when Yarnspirations bought out peaches n creme that it went away and there was just sugar n cream. Now I've realized that Walmart is still selling peaches but seems to be the only place it's available (except overpriced on amazon and ebay). The Walmart peaches cones are less than $10 but somewhat limited in colors while the sugar cones other places are $12-16. The peaches is listed on the yarnspirations site but not for sell there.

So is Walmart selling old stock and when it's gone, it's gone? The white cones there have a "new" different label while the other colors are the same "old" label.

If peaches is still being produced, is it the same as sugar or is there some difference? And why is it not for sale anywhere else?

• Like 1

As far as I know there two types of  Peaches and Cream out there.  The old stuff has a label that has a peach and a pitcher of cream.  The new one, bought out by Yarnsparations has a label that has peach on the side with the words Peaches & Cream.  It can get confusing.  We lost a lot of nice colors when they went out of business.  I had asked a couple of times and was told they dropped the colors, cause they had to stay competitive.  :rofl  They were the only ones who carried certain colors.

I miss the old, but you can find it on esty also.

I have both the sugar and the peaches.  I found the peaches was more vibrant in color, where the sugar seems to be more muted.  Just my opinion

I too have both brands but, the plastic bin I store them in is just over half full now. The Walmart here is the only place I have access to the brand, and I think once it's gone............... It must be that way everywhere.

Edited by ReniC

Thanks for all the comments. I looked thru my stash and I do have a few of the original peaches that say USA and have the peach and pitcher. I have a lot of the newer Canada peaches that just have a peach on it and then the one white cone that is Canada but the label has been "updated" with the name in an arch with a small peach under it.

It'll be interesting to see if Walmart continues to have it or switches to sugar after while. I guess just enjoy the lower price on the available colors while we can.

I wish their "balls" of cotton would stop shrinking. I would rather pay more for the full amount of yarn than have to watch how much is really there now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

.............. I wish their "balls" of cotton would stop shrinking. I would rather pay more for the full amount of yarn than have to watch how much is really there now.

Everything is shrinking except me! I noticed the Kleenex boxes have even less in them now, but the price went up. The same with all paper products. My oh my! I asked my DD to pick me up a skein of white yarn and it went up $3 each since I bought last.  Where will it end?

Ain't that the truth about sticker shock.  I have a lot of the old balls of Peaches and Cream several cones also..  Before you buy the new give me a shout I may have what you are looking for.  I have a lot of the Ombre' colors.  I have been trying to reduce my stash.

Well I hear thunder time to get off the internet.

• Like 1