crochet gift question?

I want to make my mother a crochet gift, BUT shes not into doilies as such, and i dont think she would appreciate blankets or afghans :(

So what do you think would be a great crochet gift without it being an afghan or doilies :think

need all your imput as its for my mum who i dont see very often:hug

The shawl sound good...

its hard as my mum is a "young" mum if you know what i mean, i think i act older than my mum lol.

but purses is a no no aswell as she wouldnt use it neither would she slippers lol

I bought Melissa Leapman's book Cool Crochet and it has really great patterns in there. I, too, was at a loss for what to make my mother. I made her an afghan last year and a purse, slippers, shawl, scarf, etc. would not be appropriate for her. But in Cool Crochet, there's a really nice hooded sweater with a zipper pattern and a fabulous cabled sweater. Definitly try to get a copy of the book to look into to see if it's worth you buying.

I've made my mum one of caney lady's shrugs for Christmas. I'm really pleased with how it's turned out and it fits her so well. She really shocked me when she asked me to make her one, and in black too. I always thought it wasn't her thing!

The shawl sound good...

its hard as my mum is a "young" mum if you know what i mean, i think i act older than my mum lol.

but purses is a no no aswell as she wouldnt use it neither would she slippers lol

My mom and I are the same way. She dresses much younger, acts much younger than I do. Growing up, people use to think we were sisters. YUCK, lol Maybe a trendy poncho, shrug, or belt (Family Circle's Crochet had a hip flower belt).

Donna

Some crocheted beaded jewelry, like earrings or bracelets? Some funky crocheted flowers with pin backings to be worn as pins? A crocheted bath poofie to use with showers gel (you could pkg. the shower gel and poofie togther.)

Hope you find some ideas that work for you! Good luck, and have fun making whatever you end up choosing. ;)

Lene'

(Fixed link!)

How about matching scarf and mittens? Someone made these mittens and posted the site recently. They look super easy and fast!

http://www.geocities.com/riverglorious/Patterns/mittens/adultmittens.html

Good luck!

Sals posted hers when she made them and they are even cuter than the pattern's photo!

See this link: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15819

I'm always too worried people won't like clothing items, so I'd go for things like rugs, totes, purses, change purses, dish cloths, eye glasses cases, coffee cup cozies, coaster sets...little useful items like that. Hats and scarves are also good with the cold weather sneaking up on us :)

For my MIL I'm making a Lion Chenille hat & scarf set that is really nice, maybe something like that, or a funky scarf in a fun yarn like eyelash or ribbon. I think the shawl idea is good or a poncho. There are tons of free poncho patterns on the web. ;)

Archived