Have you ordered from DiscountYarnSale.com?

ZingyZoid

• 5 months later...

I have internationally. I finally got the last of my yarn six months after I had ordered it. It was hemp yarn etc so specialty yarns. They charged me a pile for postage and they sent me several packages and I paid something like $15 postage each time. I think ordering in the US would be better.

Rachel

I cannot beleive it! I was putting my yarn away today and looked at the bag the last order came in and it said they charged me $28 for postage! I didn't realize as I am not american so the amount had been converted on my credit card statement. So I don't recommend them for overseas ordering. 6 months late too!:angry

Rachel

WOW! That's an enormous amount of money for shipping. And the fact that it was all shipped at different intervals hurt you even more. I still haven't ordered from there. I did read something about them having to ship certain parts of your order at different times depending on which yarns you select though. It all sounds too complicated to me. I want to know when I order what will come and when and how much I'm going to pay in total shipping. It's awful that you had to pay that much in shipping charges.

I'd definitely be sending them an irate message pronto! Especially if they made you wait 6 months on the order, they should have been giving you a discount on it, not raking you over the coals! There should be a customer service email address available, or at least a "contact us" link on their website to use. For good measure, be sure and tell them you are posting your experience on as many public crafting boards as you can. Gather all your figures for the order, the number of shipments that were made, the amount of shipping you were charged for each one and the amount of time from when you ordered that you received each one, and include all of that detail in your message. :rant

I can't guarantee it will change anything, but they at least need to be put on notice that their practices are not acceptable and may cause loss of business. I know I would never consider using them, no matter how good their prices might be! :angry

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Germany on a british military base. Actually when I made the order I had some strong words but she came across very apologetic. I can't remember what it was about now (I swear I get pregnancy dementia) as it was last September. I ordered recycled silk, hemp and things like that because I can't get them here. I hate getting messed around on postage. It is one of my pet peeves. I am not saying they would be bad if you actually lived in the US.

The worst part is I can't remember what I was going to use the yarn for.:angry

Rachel

A good company should always tell you something is back ordered and give you the option to cancel your order. Good gosh 6 months I would have raised so much stink they'd have been happy to cancel my order just to get me off their back.I got madder than a wet hen when Annies Attic said my order had shipped and I didn't get it for 2 weeks I must have emailed them 4 times with no response by the way until after I got the package :irk

If I remember correctly I was mad at them originally because I ordered but had to wait for a response as it was international. I never heard back so I emailed them. Then they said they didn't receive the order or something so I did another. They sent me both orders (so I guess it wasn't lost). That is why I wasn't expecting anything because the two orders were only slightly different. I emailed her about her slow response time to my first order but she was apologetic and said it was lost. I am think that was what happened. I can't remember exactly:think .

Like I said I am used to Europe where they don't care about customer service like they do in Canada or N. America. I just won't order from them again. International ordering can be a nightmare I have discovered.

Rachel

Sorry for my earlier post.

It wasn't this company that I ordered from... I have looked at this discount yarn website and their yarns aren't discounted all that much, especially when you consider their shipping & handling charges.

I like Herrschners, especially when they have a Free Shipping promotion (which they do at least 2-3 times a year). They should be having another free shipping in the fall.

The company I was thinking of that I had ordered for the flat $6.99 shipping was a different company.

Archived