Easy Earwarmer

ReniC

I whipped this Earwarmer out the other night for my oldest GD. It was easy and quick to make even after having to adjust for the weight of the yarn. I used Lion Brand-Twisted Stripes in Marble. It comes in 4 sizes so I may make some for the great-GD's, but in lighter yarn.

Simple Twisted Earwarmer

Earwarmer1.jpg

Earwarmer2.jpg

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 2

Very nice! :). I like that color.

I just made one ear warmer for my friend. She came put that on and left LOL. I do not have a picture. It is hard to deal with that broken foot. That ear warmer was very plain, no pattern. That yarn is very nice, got few colors in it, some blues and dark purple and..

I used Caron Simply Soft Yarn. I made that with 2 strands of yarn scblo (single crochet back loop only).  I always call that stitch- "accordion stitch" LOL.  Because that dos looks to me like accordion, that stretches out and in.... Than I did the edging with sc around on both sides. She like that. That was made in her colors, she likes darker colors. That color is called: "Ocena". I had 8 skeins of that, no idea why I bought that LOL. I still have most of that yarn left. I might make for her matching scarf & finger-less gloves. Than I will see how much I got left...and what to do with rest..? :)

Merry Christmas!

Krys

Thanks Gang! (You didn't know you were all "Crochet Gangsters" did you? 😂) Looking over the pattern again, you could also make this any width you want.

Krys: I too added a sc border on both edges for looks and stability. The Simply Soft yarn you have would be great in a scarf and gloves. Also, in a shawl or wrap. The video does put it together nicely. Keep us posted on what you decide.

Reni, I always wanted to crochet shawl or wrap but I never did. Because I do not know anyone close to me who would want to wear that. Hats, scarfs they will wear that. I will find something to make out of that yarn. Maybe more scarfs or hats..LOL

Krys

38 minutes ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni I do not want you to miss on that. I just came across: "Easy Brownie Ornaments":https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-brownie-ornaments/b3e3078b-1242-4164-89d9-78fd235bea9f

Krys 

I love it- thank you! Good way to use the tops of the candy canes too.

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USpolishgirl said:

Reni, I always wanted to crochet shawl or wrap but I never did. Because I do not know anyone close to me who would want to wear that. Hats, scarfs they will wear that. I will find something to make out of that yarn. Maybe more scarfs or hats..LOL

Krys

Good ideas to use up the yarns. Wide scarves and triangle scarves (like short shawls) are popular right now too.

• Like 1