Jump to content
USpolishgirl

I am really ANGRY!

Recommended Posts

I think they discontinued "Patons Metallic" yarn. I bought few balls few years ago at Joann, now they do not have it. I look everywhere I found some on Ebay and other places but no one have that in color I need - Green.

I think they even discontinued that beautiful seasonal yarn: "Red Heart Holiday yarn". I wonder WHY anyone would do that?. People need little "BLINK" at Christmas time. I really liked that yarn. I think I still have few balls left of that yarn. I need to look what colors I still have. That yarn was made in 3 colors: red, green & white (maybe some other colors? I am not sure). Hats, scarfs for kids looked very nice made with that yarn. And my Snowman's were beautiful using that yarn.

I am not sure WHAT those people are thinking..??? By discontinuing yarns that many costumers really liked! :(

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krys thats what they do.  Get us hooked and then discontinue it. I havent been visiting the yarn aisles for several months now so dont know what they are doing.   Even though I have a lot of yarn and didnt want to buy any more I would still visit the yarn aisle at the store and pet it.  The sparkly yarn used to at least make an appearance late summer for holiday projects.  Hobby Lobby used to have several colors with a metallic thread.  Looks like they still do.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Yarn/Metallic-I-Love-This-Yarn/p/MY349188

I really loved grapette ( purple) and royalty ( blue).

Edited by bgs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, that is really aggravating!  A few years ago i discovered a yarn I really liked, in a small yarn store that I also really liked.  I made a scarf for a gift and loved working with it.  Right away, it was discontinued.  I managed to get enough of it to try to make a top for myself (completely unfinished but that's another story!)  And then the other sad part of the experience is that the sweet little store is now closed too :cry

I looked up the Metallic, and I think I've seen yarns that are largely rayon that look similar.  I wonder if your local stores have any other nylon yarns, or rayon, that might be similar enough?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, I hope this wasn't mid-project.  Yarns DO come and go every few years, (even RHSS), so I'm an over-buyer when buying something for a specific project.  My 'yarn stash' is partial and orphan balls from prior projects, I don't buy for 'stash' for this reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget that Red Heart has been purchased by yarnspirations.  They have already started to discontinue colors.

I have not seen much in the way of Christmas colors this year.  

Good Luck Krys.  I also have a tendency to overbuy for a project.

Right now I am trying to use up what I have.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Is this the green you are looking for?  https://www.joann.com/patons-metallic-yarn/12865143.html

Mary Jo Thank you,

I was so happy to see that link, they are out of stock on delivery and in stores. BUT, at least you were able to get a link to that yarn that is a big plus, I think :). 

Joann site is very "crazy", someone with not enough knowledge "How To" build that site.  I just tried  again to search for that yarn at Joann. Same thing, NOTHING showed up. I tried in search box: 1) Patons yarn = NO Metallic yarn showed up!. 2) I tried: Patons Metallic yarn (name from my label)= again NO metallic yarn!. 3) Patons Metallic= No Metallic yarn there.

Thru many years I had many crazy problems at Joann on line. For about 2 years I could not pay there for ANY of my purchases. I was ALWAYS told those 3 numbers in back of my credit card were "INVALID" over & over again.... Each time I wanted to buy some yarn I needed to call them and place my order. The SAME three numbers they were working fine on telephone LOL. I remember something else that was many years ago. When I tried to buy some thread to crochet  small parts for my Amigurumi. When  typed in search box: Crochet thread= it would NOT show any thread, I was having problems to find that many times...for couple years.  Now I tried after many years and to my surprise they fix that, it is working now. It will show all crochet threads. I never had problems like that on any other site, only at Joann! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 12:45 PM, Granny Square said:

I'm sorry, I hope this wasn't mid-project.  Yarns DO come and go every few years, (even RHSS), so I'm an over-buyer when buying something for a specific project.  My 'yarn stash' is partial and orphan balls from prior projects, I don't buy for 'stash' for this reason.

Hello Granny Square :),

I do understand they need to get new yarns to markets. But, that "Patons Metallic" it is very "ornamental" yarn and there is nothing else for sale even close to that. I would not even call that a yarn, because it is not a yarn according to me. I do not think any  clothes or blankets can be done using that yarn. Maybe a flower for a hat that can be taken off before washing LOL.

No, I did not started any project with that yarn. I just got a n idea for a new decorative projects. For next year - Holidays Season :). And I want to stock-up on that, maybe just a few balls. 

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 12:44 PM, magiccrochetfan said:

I agree, that is really aggravating!  A few years ago i discovered a yarn I really liked, in a small yarn store that I also really liked.  I made a scarf for a gift and loved working with it.  Right away, it was discontinued.  I managed to get enough of it to try to make a top for myself (completely unfinished but that's another story!)  And then the other sad part of the experience is that the sweet little store is now closed too :cry

I looked up the Metallic, and I think I've seen yarns that are largely rayon that look similar.  I wonder if your local stores have any other nylon yarns, or rayon, that might be similar enough?  

Thank You for trying to help :)

Yes, I will look for that yarn. I know all that can be very frustrating...

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Krys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, bgs said:

Krys thats what they do.  Get us hooked and then discontinue it. I havent been visiting the yarn aisles for several months now so dont know what they are doing.   Even though I have a lot of yarn and didnt want to buy any more I would still visit the yarn aisle at the store and pet it.  The sparkly yarn used to at least make an appearance late summer for holiday projects.  Hobby Lobby used to have several colors with a metallic thread.  Looks like they still do.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Yarn-Needle-Art/Yarn/Metallic-I-Love-This-Yarn/p/MY349188

I really loved grapette ( purple) and royalty ( blue).

Hi Brenda nice to hear from you:). I do hope by now things are looking a lot brighter for you with that move.

Thanks for that link :). Yes, that yarn will work fine, instead of SS-Holiday. I did not looked at Hobby Lobby, I just was not buying any yarn from them before.  I do know that many people love that yarn, they are saying it is very soft and wears good.

I LOVE that "pet it" part LOL.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Krys 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krys do you have Hobby Lobby in your area?  I liked their metallic I Love This Yarn when I found it in the store some years ago.  I loved that they had several  colors in it and was on shelf year round.  Dont know if its still in store but looked like its available online.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bgs said:

Krys do you have Hobby Lobby in your area?  I liked their metallic I Love This Yarn when I found it in the store some years ago.  I loved that they had several  colors in it and was on shelf year round.  Dont know if its still in store but looked like its available online.  

Brenda I was just looking at that yarn -Hobby Lobby. You left me that link above ;).  WOW! and all those nice colors...I will buy some of that yarn on line, it is on sale 30% off. I do have Hobby Lobby store about  30-40 min. from me. On Sunday I was driving by that store. I was going to stop there, they are closed on Sunday's.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Krys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found this site when looking about neck pain. Just wanted to mention sometimes you need to open the app for Joann's online. I'm able to see the metallic yarn so maybe if you get the app it would help. Good luck though, I know it's frustrating!

Sorry if anyone else already suggested this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...