July 2019 Table

Tampa Doll

Happy 4th of July. 

Yes, it is the time for sun, sand and BBQ's.

I use to love this holiday as a kid, as our little section of Camden, NJ had a parade in the center of town and the kids could join with their bikes all decorated.  Prizes were given for the best. 

We use to have a block party with the neighbors bringing out their BBQ's and cooking in front of the house.  We would have hotdogs, hamburgers, corn, watermelon and my Dad would hook up the hose on our flag pole under the American Flag.  It was in the ally, so all the kids could get wet and have fun.  When the sun started to go down, we would walk to the overpass to the next town over and watch fireworks from 3 or 4 different spots.  We could also see them from Philly.  It was the one time we were allowed to stay out after the street lights came on.  Our parents would have lawn chairs they carried to sit on.

This was a time when we could have sparklers and caps.  One of the adults would always shoot off firecrackers.  Fun was had by all and at the end of the day, there was no whining or crying to stay up.  We were all very tired.

This was a time when we knew our neighbors and innocence.  It was a time where we were outside playing and having fun.

Happy 4th to everyone.

July 2018 Table (1).JPG

July 2018 Table (3).jpg

July 2018 Table (4).jpg

Mary Jo your table and tree are beautiful! I always enjoy seeing them. My little granddaughter was looking at the pictures with me, she liked the picture of the doll holding the picture and said, "She looks like a captain. What's her name?" Could you tell me if she has a name because this little girl here will keep asking lol.

• Like 1

Thank you both.  My DH gave her my name Mary Jo. 

The picture she is holding is a picture of my Dad who was in the Navy and yes she is wearing a Sailor dress. 

The doll honors my Dad and anyone else who is serving and has served in our Military.

Love it!  We use to have the same sort of fun on the 4th... ALWAYS a watermelon...Always a hotdog...ALWAYS homemade potato salad... and ALWAYS baked beans...

Love your sailor girl......and hte tree...

Hugs,

Lea

• Like 1