Seeking Thyroid Pattern

ChristinaF

Question

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site (and a bit of a novice with crocheting), but I am looking for a pattern so I can crochet an anigurumi style thyroid organ. I'm getting my thyroid completely removed in March and my surgeon loves crocheted stuff, so I was hoping to make her a stuffed toy type of thyroid. It's a butterfly shaped organ, but I'd rather try to use a pattern meant for a thyroid than a butterfly pattern since they aren't quite the same and I also haven't found a good stuffed toy looking butterfly either that matches well enough with the thyroid. If any can help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

13 answers to this question

Have you tried crochetpatterncentral.com, or just googled "crochet pattern for a thyroid" ?  You'd be surprised what you can come up with!! 

Hi Christina, welcome to the ville!  

thinking along the same lines as Collette, I just googled the 2 words crochet thyroid, and found a pattern on etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/151790154/pattern-thyroid-crochet-plush?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=thyroid gland&ref=sr_gallery-1-36

i do not know anything about that seller and how good her patterns may be.  

I have a feeling that you are going to have to design this yourself.  I don't see anything remotely like what you describe, and if you've already done a lot of searching, it just may not exist.  

Maybe you can find a different cute amigurumi to give her now, and then once you have more crochet experience so you understand how to make different shapes, you can take your time to design an ami or pillow.  

2 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

I have a feeling that you are going to have to design this yourself.  I don't see anything remotely like what you describe, and if you've already done a lot of searching, it just may not exist.  

Maybe you can find a different cute amigurumi to give her now, and then once you have more crochet experience so you understand how to make different shapes, you can take your time to design an ami or pillow.  

Yeah, I think this is what I'm gonna have to do too. I'm trying something now, so we'll see if it works or not lol. Thanks.

19 hours ago, magiccrochetfan said:

Hi Christina, welcome to the ville!  

thinking along the same lines as Collette, I just googled the 2 words crochet thyroid, and found a pattern on etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/151790154/pattern-thyroid-crochet-plush?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=thyroid gland&ref=sr_gallery-1-36

i do not know anything about that seller and how good her patterns may be.  

Wow!  This site is way cool!!  I've heard of crocheted hearts and penises, but this is way out there!  Spleens, kidneys, ovaries, intestines...Wow!

Okay, so I finished my little amigurumi styled thyroid plush. He’s a little wonky but he’s like the 6th thing I’ve ever made so I’m happy with how he turned out, especially with no pattern. Lol. I miiiiight try again for a nicer one now that I know what can and can’t work for it though.

88243077-CE00-4319-BFFA-8B3AB5EE87B5.jpeg

Okay so I didn’t quite like how the first one turned out so I tweaked my made-up pattern and did this one today. I like the pink better than the red too :) There’s a little bit of Frankenstein stitching but oh well, I’m much happier with this one and will give this one to my surgeon! 

C7C74F14-2BBA-422C-BB3C-9F50F2DDB49D.jpeg

Archived