Variegated Scarf

redrosesdz

This my favorite scarf pattern. It's tunisian dc shells. I've made it a few times. This one is for my yarn group's Christmas Exchange. I hope someone likes it!

20171209_100222.thumb.jpg.10bfdcf4fce6f29c26a85bb5d3ee15ed.jpg

Pattern ... 

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/clementine-shells

ETA: The quilt was made by my very talented sister years ago. Right now she's 4 months into recovering from both wrists broken. She misses quilting. A couple of more months and she can quilt again. 

I just need to ask, I was just wondering.. Did you ever got a Christmas card from me?. I mailed all my cards the next day after Thanksgiving from Wisconsin post office ( I was there at that time).

Krys :wreath

PS: What kind of group's Christmas Exchange you talking about?. I guess I like to know "everything.." LOL.

Thanks, everyone! 

Krys, I got it. Thank you very much! It's lovely! I owe you a long email. I was planning to let you know in that email.

It's a crochet/knit group. We have a Christmas party with a blind gift exchange every year. Rules are $10 limit, either an ornament or something hand made. Names are drawn at the party. Each person can steal a gift or open a new gift. First person gets the last chance to steal, since they can only open a new gift at the beginning. There are very few steals, because most are lovely crocheted or knitted items. Lots of good food and fun!

Beautiful scarf!  (and quilt) I need to get into Tunisian more, haven't done anything but TSS except for a bit of swatching. 

Thanks for the link...the book looks familiar, turns out I downloaded it a while back on my Kindle.  Hmmm.....

Healing vibes for your sister, how awful!

Thank you for the compliments! They help a lot. :manyheart

I'm so excited! Whenever I make something as a gift, I have a hard time telling if it's really liked or if the recipient is just being kind. I'm my own worst critic. I see the spot that doesn't lay as flat, edge that isn't as straight, etc.

Tonight was our Christmas exchange. There were a lot of gorgeous hand-made things, especially ornaments.  Everyone gets a chance to steal or open a new gift. There's a maximum of 3 steals for any one gift. My scarf was the only gift stolen 3 times! I felt a huge sigh of relief. 

Archived