I messed up lol again

970Steve

Question

Ok, so im crocheting this pink unicorn, and i really hate the way the neck came out! Dont make it like that then! I know right lmao!!! But what I am asking of you crochet gods and goddesses is, is there a way to fix it? I had a thought on hiding it by way of adding purple around the neck and on some of the body but I dont know how to make anything that will wrap around the neck and the body like that?!?!?!?!?!?!?! there are a few pics attached what i drew ws my idea of what I had on mind to hide the ugliness!!!

sorry in advance im just trying to learn from my mistakes and trying to find ways to fix them

20171029_024559.jpg

20171029_025218.jpg

5 answers to this question

She's adorable! I think the neck looks fine.

What you could do is make her a scarf. If you make it long enough, you can tie it in a bow. Optionally, sew it to the unicorn, to keep it in place. If it's only the join at the bottom that you don't like, the scarf can be a long chain or sl st back along a chain for thickness. 

I think it looks fine too. I haven't made many critters but sewing the parts together is always a problem for me. I usually have to leave it for a day and when I come back, it looks better than I thought originally.

I like the neck.  Now when you add the mane, it will cover some of the neck and make it look better.  But like the rest said, you could always make a scarf and wrap it around the neck, but I still think once you put the mane on it will improve the look.

Is it the tightness where the neck meets the body that you don't like?  For 'next time', because for many of us the starting chain is a bit tighter than the rest, you could try making the chain (example) 2 sizes bigger, and first round 1 size bigger than the rest of the neck so it blends into the body.

What if you make a few little flowers and sew them on near the neck, and a few more scattered down the body so it doesn't focus on the neck...or string them together like a little lei around the neck.  Would look nice in the thinner purple yarn you used in the tail and mane.

edit - I was thinking something like one these

I like it too. Looks to me too that a nice thick mane, from the top of the head to the bottom of the neck, would spruce it up to maybe be more to your liking. I think you did a great job on it. Keep us posted.

Archived