It has been awhile since I shared a new pattern out of plastic bags or plarn as many know the material made from cut-up plastic bags. So here is a project I crocheted with plarn and wrote up the free pattern. It is a basket tray I made to hold kitchen dishcloths and other items for an upcoming charity fundraiser. I like this short tray type basket as it can be reused for folded napkins, toiletries, or other things around the house.

Here is the recycled plastic basket pattern. Basket measures 8-3/4 inches long, 4 inches tall, 3-3/4 inch wide ends and with 5-3/4 inch handles.

post-10977-0-46471700-1479072012_thumb.jpg

That's a cute idea Cindy. My 16 yo GD will appreciate it for gift bags at Christmas. She loves crocheting and making things that are "green".

That is so cool.  Oh how I wish I could work with it.

Thanks Mary Jo and I still remember all those balls of plarn you sent me. I loved receiving them and for people who can't use the material, we love those who provide the material to us.

Love it!! I've been making some plarn to make a bag the last couple of days. Working on the plarn in between afghans I'm making for Christmas.

Super cool and I love that you shared a photo. I hope you will try my new plarn pattern and let me know what you think of it.

That's a cute idea Cindy. My 16 yo GD will appreciate it for gift bags at Christmas. She loves crocheting and making things that are "green".

Thanks and I love hearing things like that. Hope she enjoys the pattern and shares a picture if she can.

Archived