Help! Blanket gone wrong

Lisa8Romero31

Question

9 answers to this question

Welcome to the Ville! :hook

Is it acrylic? Blocking won't change acrylic very much.

If it's wool, blocking could help. You could try it and then rip out if it doesn't. We've all been there, sometimes ripping and redoing is the only solution.

Honestly, I would redo it. I don't think an edging can compensate for the unevenness. You could do a smaller swatch of the stitch pattern to practice. Things that will help: Put markers in first stitch of row so you don't miss it on the next row, count stitches in each row as it's finished, and check every few rows to be sure the edges are staying straight.

Yes, I agree with Kathy--redo the blanket, or you'll never be happy with it!  Remember to put the last stitch IN the last stitch--that's where mine always go wrong!

I'm so sorry this happened. It's a lovely blanket.

I have to agree though with the other gals to start over. Once it is used some and laundered a few times, the uneven areas will possibly show even more. You might be able to salvage 9-10 rows as long as the stitch count is the same on each row.

For as long as I can remember I 've always used stitch markers on each end stitch. Especially if it's a yarn that is funky or difficult to see the stitches clearly. Counting stitches at the end of each row can be daunting and boring but saves so much extra work and frustration.

I use lots of markers. Always mark the 1st and last stitches. To keep count put a marker every 20 (25?) stitches, that way you don't have to count them all at the end. It's also good if you have to stop mid row.

Ellie 13

P.S. that's why I prefer motifs  :lol

I very rarely rip out and redo. I tend to work around my mistakes. However, if you were planning on the blanket as a gift, I would rip out and redo. If the blanket was for myself, I wouldn't worry about it. However, I tend to think mistakes make projects charming. But I do realize that most disagree with this opinion.... Ultimately if you are going to be happy with how it turns out no matter what, leave it. If not, rip it out and redo. :ghug

Archived