Afghans one finished one being made

Aisles

The first one was made for an elderly guy who's suffering from brain damage.  He chose the colours and had his own ideas. He wanted something like the log cabin patchwork quilt his wife had made him and he also wanted it to be a bit like the little granny square lap blanket somone else had made him.

So  here it is

post-68010-0-69797700-1474899375_thumb.jpg

The pink Tunisian crochet one is for myself but I don't get a lot of time to work on it due to working on other items.

post-68010-0-79042200-1474899594_thumb.jpg

Both are beautiful--but my favorite is the granny square/log cabin patchwork!  Ingenious!!!

Thank you Avon Lady, that one was so heavy to make I had to sit at the dinning room table to create it. I worked with 2 strands of Double knitting yarn held together as one.  It's also huge as the gentleman is rather tall, thankfully he was over the moon with the finished article.

Thank you Avon Lady, that one was so heavy to make I had to sit at the dinning room table to create it. I worked with 2 strands of Double knitting yarn held together as one.  It's also huge as the gentleman is rather tall, thankfully he was over the moon with the finished article.

I'll BET he's over the moon with it!  And I'm glad--because it's always SO worth the effort when it pleases!!  Well done!

That was so kind of you to make the Granny Log Cabin. I knew when I saw it that he'd love it. You did a great job!

The pink one for yourself looks like it's coming along nicely. I know how it is when you are making something for yourself. It get's put on the back burner, sometimes many times. I have a couple partially made blankets and shawls set aside that are for me, because so many other projects just "somehow" get shoved ahead of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived